Republican Smokers?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZigZagPapers, Aug 27, 2008.

1. #41 Deleted member 95373, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
    Dear God.... I hope half the people who have posted in this thread are underage because if these people have the right to vote our government might just be fucked....

2. My mother once told me if your not a liberal in your 20's you dont have a heart...If your not a conservative in your 30's you dont have a brain. Think about this before jumping to conclusions. Do you really think it is the goverments job to take care of everyone? Well that is the basic difference between democrats and everyone else. A democrat typically feels like lets give all the hungry fish. The rest of the people are of the opinion that maybe we should teach people how to fish so instead of eating for a day they can feed their family for a lifetime. I thought the same things when I was younger ...nobody wants to see others hurting or without but you cant treat the symptom you have to treat the problem.

You think maybe this is why in our society there are less and less generally "nice" people? Nobody takes an individual responsibility to help other people any more. We all think it is the goverments job to help them out. When a family member is in trouble most families just wait for the goverment to do something. This is what we have become. People say horrible things like you want to see poor people starve or you believe in tax cuts for the wealthy when they have no idea the top 3% of wage earners are paying half of the total taxes being paid (irs numbers not mine). Why not a flat tax of some sort? Why should people be punished for leaving the cave, killing it, and draggin more home? These same people took risks...open businesses, employ other people who are then able to pay taxes does any of this make sense to you. Keep punishing these people for being successful and companies will no longer do business here and the jobs will move elsewhere. These same people said we were only in Iraq to take their oil...etc. Have you been getting a break at the pump that I dont know about ..cause I sure haven't? I WISH we would at least take enough to compensate us for the war effort but thanks to all the liberals saying thats why we went it would be political suicide...so THANKS! And did you not think that the iraquis deserved freedom as much as we do? We didnt fight the war to gain ours alone..even the French sent troops to help us win it. While I dont agree with the way the Bush admininistration misled the American people to get them to go to war. I think he will be remembered long term for spreading freedom into the middle east. Don't you realize that once democracy develops a strong hold their in a few years...you are gonna have the Iranian perople, the Syrian people, and others in the area looking with envy at what democracy can accomplish...and THAT is what Iran is truly afraid of and THAT is why they sponser anti american terrorist in the area.

If you have any doubt who to vote for look at who endorses which party? Hamas ...strongly endorsed Oboma, The communist party ...endorsed Oboma...Oboma is a smooth talker and has a celebrity status unseen since JFK but without any intelligent ideas.

3. Is your mother Winston Churchill? ;)

4. #44 wackdeafboy, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
    okay well

so if communist really help us then why cant we become communist, i mean gov will give us tax breaks, increase jobs, and so forth, sound like china
    well
    i'm tryin to see both sides of mcCain and Obama,
    i dont see what bush is tryin to do nor mcCain

and right now, we are in serious trouble and we cant afford to lose anymore
    health care prices is way too high, (i'm payin 400 dollars a month) and theres no jobs openin in my area, which is really hard to get,(i dont have a job) and oil prices are too way too high, now that leave us nothing, so basically
    is communist is really helpin us??
    i belive so, look what china has done, they make soo much money but we have to work endless days so...
    now look what bill done in past 8 years, he increase jobs opening, decrease taxes, increasin wages, and so forth,

tell me what bush/McCain is tryin to do??

5. Um drill domestically? And wasnt it Bush who said that the reason health care was so high is it cant be bough nationally? In other words you have to buy your health insurance in the state at which you reside. Wasn't it Bush's idea to fix this by letting all insurance companies compete nationally thus driving our prices down? Didn't the democratically controlled congress vote it down?:hello:

Hip

6. mmm.. that still doesnt do anything, i see bush done nothin to america
    he has DONE NOTHING, all he did was TALKIN AND NOT TAKIN ACTIONS

i still dont see what bush and mccain is tryin to do

so i'm still votin obama,

7. Are you an American? I mean do you really live here? In the states our rulers can't single handidly act without congresses approval. It was originally meant as a form of checks and balances so the federal goverment wouldnt have too much control cause the states all had elected representatives. But now both parties use controlling the senate and congress like a political football to vote down a great idea that may make their opponents prospective party look like they were actually getting things done. At least McCain has a history of crossing party lines to do the right thing regardless of where it came from.

Hip

8. I actually have though about moving to Sweden. The problem is I think America would be that much better if we were able to do what they do over there here. So I am staying so I can help facilitate the change or at least spread the message.

I also realize your probably a good person to even though we respectfully disagree.