Repotting question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ChauncyChauncy, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Hi all me and my buddy are on our first grow, have a quick question. Our 3 plants are doing well we have had them under flouros for 11 days and have them in solo cups, when should we repot them to larger pots? ? ? ?

2. that depends on how big it is now..a good rule of thumb is look at thow tall your plant is from the soil, and reflect that below the soil and that is how long your roots are. you don't want to wait too long to transplant or the plant can get to set in those cups. i waited til mine were about 4 inches tall just sprouting its second leaf set to transplant, and it went off withought a hitch.

3. And good rule of thumb is when your plants roots start poking out of the holes in the bottom of the cup; thats what I go by.

4. Hey guys thanks for the replies, well my plants are about 3 inches but two of them have started there second set, ill wait til about 4 inches and take your advice, well see what happens.