Repotting a 3ft plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wardyb, Dec 22, 2009.

1. ok so was given this 3ft plant by my sister. its not looking healthy and its leaves are drooping. But it looks promising. sorry no camera right now.

Am about to take it out the pot and replace the majority of the soil with some better stuff I have and also perlite. How would I best go about removing the other soil without causing too much root damage?

2. Hi Wardy!!

I wouldn't remove the old soil - just fill the space in the new pot with new soil.

Dropping is generally caused by under or over watering...

Also - depending how hold the plant is, and how long it has been in its current soil - the soil its in may be dry (of nutes) and your plant just might need nutes.

How big of a pot is it in now, and how big of a pot are you moving it to?

3. lol, you must be on here constantly :p

it is a 5 gallon bucket so I was just going to put it back in the same pot. I really wanted to add perlite as well. Tonight is the last time I can do any work in there so I just wanted it to be ok over the christmas period.

I have got some nutrients though and intend to add some of that. But really wanted to add the perlite.

4. Hmm, well lets see if someone else replies... generally, the plants get pretty clingy with their soil, and it's not going to be easy to separate (from my experience). But there may be someone else out there who has done it, and can give you a good way.

5. ok thanks for your answer, I will hold off any thoughts of repotting until after christmas, I have quite a lot to do today to seal off the grow area anyway.

6. ok thanks for all the advice, I didn't replant it. I added a bit of perlite to the top and mixed it with the soil upto about an inch from the top of the soil as to not disturb the lower roots. I also gave it its nutes.

I'll take a picture on the weekend when my partner gets her new camera.