Reporting off topic threads

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Vicious, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Vicious, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
    Should we? This is a horrible problem for General. I see music, television, smoking and video threads all day in general, I guess people think anything can go in general but the description explicitly says "This forum is for general conversations not related to the other forums.". It's a shame because it takes traffic away from the less frequented boards like when we had the video section before it merged with TV. I have seen countless people say the reason they ignored the appropriate section was to post their thread in a more lurked area.

The report function says "This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.", so I don't want to bother the mods if it's something that should not be reported. However I'm starting to feel like an asshole whenever I point out the appropriate forum it should be in.

Maybe I'm just OCD but off topic threads grind my gears more than anything, half the time you have to scroll past the appropriate sections to even get to general.

2. im sure the mods are always on the look out for things in the wrong sections thats what they do. i really wouldnt bother them with something they will see and move on their own. so i would say we should not, reporting is lame use it for something that really matters!

3. You go right ahead and report those and we'll do our best to move them to the right area or delete them if they're dupes

4. most thread deviate off course every now and then tho...seems a bit draconian

5. That's not what he's talking about though - he's talking about threads that belong in other forums in the first place - like posting a music thread in general...

If threads deviate from the topic then they should probably be closed anyway.

6. i know but like aside from the very obvious like a recipe in slr then it becomes a bit harsh....imo

7. lol but if its not very obvious, but still has nothing to do with the section, whats the damn point in having sections.....

if it goes in a section, but isnt in it, its pretty clear what needs to be done, its not "harsh" to move a thread... it just gets moved.... where your thread is has nothing to do with a punishment...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.