Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

report that legal weed in WA will be $12 a gram

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stewbs, Nov 17, 2012.

1. I heard a news report that marijuana will be $12 a gram here in WA when the legal dispensaries open up. I pay $10 a gram for medical marijuana now and some dispensaries sell for as low as $8 a gram. Why is legal marijuana so expensive?

2. Because it's getting a heavier tax? That's the whole incentive for the state and probably the only real reason the bill was allowed to pass

3. It isn't, its the greedy middle-men, its really not a great deal for the growers :smoking:

4. Short answer? Taxes, they have to cover the new taxes and all their own expenses... while still be able to turn a profit. There's no real way around this, since... well, taxing was bound to happen upon some sort of legalization. Good news is, the first... $400,000 every year generated goes directly toward education, and it is expected to generate the state much more. We're on a good track here, even if it we have to pay a little bit more at the new vendors.

:cool::smoking:

5. no reference cited for this bit of info...ya...sure...seems legit...NOT

it isn't even being sold and OP has to post about why legal weed IS so expensive...

I smell one of those butthurt "vote no on legal weed" profiteering types...

6. With the prices I pay in the Southeast I would take 12/g in a heartbeat! :p

7. Dont forget this!

Honestly though, why would you buy it legally if you're worried about paying more?

8. god I'm so sick of you pussies complaining about the price of your LEGAL weed. so you have to pay two extra dollars because its legal and taxed now and part of that goes to the education system which seriously needs help right now, they're bringing up the future of america and not doing the greatest job at it. grow it yourself or just don't buy it if the extra two bucks means that much to you. so greedy.. you aren't much better than the people trying to keep this shit illegal..

9. Expensive? I think you fail to grasp that you are on the west coast. You have the CHEAPEST marijuana prices. Medical or not.

10. [quote name='"stewbs"']I heard a news report that marijuana will be $12 a gram here in WA when the legal dispensaries open up. I pay $10 a gram for medical marijuana now and some dispensaries sell for as low as $8 a gram. Why is legal marijuana so expensive?[/quote]

Don't complain when the rest of the country averages $20 a gram that's fucking cheap weed you're lucky

11. I pay 10/g for top shelf right now, but I'd gladly pay the additional 2/g if it was as easy to get as walking into a fucking corner store.

Consider it a convenience fee. As long as bulk is still discounted somewhat I don't see any need to complain.

12. I have not seen anything quoting prices here in Washington for recreational use. I know the picture that has been in a lot of articles with grams packed in individual foil packets with a $12 price tag. Prices probably at the bottom of the list of the government hammering out the detail of how things will be handled. I suspect The prices may go down once "everything" gets rolling.

13. I'd love $12/g since the average price is $20/g in Texas

14. $12 a gram would piss me the

15. Fuck off rawr

16. I'm just glad it's legal, fuck complaining about 2 bucks. You incessant whining children.

17. Good thing I'll be growing my own then.
    Can't wait to get out to colorado, even my mom's moving out there.

18. Wow... so much anger at people complaining about the prices.
    ...Fuck if I had to pay 12 bucks a gram I'd be pissed too.

Complaining about the price doesn't make some one "greedy".
    ...You aren't helping anyone by just blindly settling for some ridiculous price.

Just because legalization is getting to an "acceptable" level doesn't mean you can't still push for it to be better.
    ...Because lets be honest, 12 bucks a gram for a legal plant is fucking retarded.

Keep growing your own, say fuck those prices and the economy will follow.

19. I pay 20 a gram with the threat of being fucked by the law if I get caught....

20. They said when it was legalized in those states that it was going to be taxed 25 percent,