Replacing a Bong Bowl

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by GoodVibesOnly, Dec 12, 2013.

1. I bought a bong this past weekend and have used it twice... it's awesome. 

Anyway, I was cleaning it and dropped the bowl you take out while ripping. A part of the glass chipped off and it now won't work. The good news, if there can be any, is I hated the bowl it came with anyway. Screens take a REALLY long time to get to fit properly and don't stay in. It's pretty annoying, so I was planning to look into whether it's possible to simply get a new bowl to attach to the bong. Now, I have to. So I ask those more experienced and knowledgeable than me about bongs... is it possible to replace a bong bowl, or are they specifically made for the specific bong so you can't just go out and buy a new one? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... praying my bong is fine. The only thing messed up is the attachable bowl.

2. you need to find out the joint size of your bong, most of them are 14.5mm but I have had weird ones that are like 19mm or 17mm

3. So I definitely shouldn't just go out and get a new bowl? I need to measure it and then buy one that fits?

4. Exalty^make sure you get the right size joint an your good togo, plenty of options out there! goodluckSent from my GT-I9000M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. [​IMG]

You need to measure the size of your downstem, from the inside edge to inside edge(shown in the above diagram).
    If it measures to be 14mm, buy a 14mm bowl slide. If it measures to be 18mm, buy a 18mm bowl slide. Easy as pie. Ebay has a few nice bowls for good prices if you'd like to look on there :p

6. Just go to your nearest head shop and pick up a nice new bowl. There're like 8-10 bucks for a pretty nice one, and you can get one that customizes and personalized your piece. Just get the right size and you're golden