Replace oxygen tank with CO2 ?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DrManhattan, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Hey blades,

So SWIM works at a sort of emergency deparment, I've been there a couple of times to meet him and saw a lot of stored Oxygen tanks waiting for refill. No prob to having one, he's ok, but is it possible to fill with co2 instead of oxygen?

Ok, as far as I know, things could go pretty bad with this stuff, so give advice if you really know your sh*t :)

Cheers, (and happy easter)

2. I don't think you'll find a shop that will fill it with CO2 for you. They'll only usually fill whats on the bottles label.

3. Yes, you're right.

Actually I've checked and, structurally there are no problems. Oxygen is filled around 200 bar while for co2, 70 bar is enough. Also the attachments are the same (well this oxygen thank has a special fast attachment/dispender but could be easily replaced.)

I've been on a reef/acquarium forum and one guy told me you can re-paint the thank with the CO2 label color and wipe away the oxygen code/label. This is really too much of a waste of time.

Answer: Yes you can, but it's not worth the trouble and shops could not fill it.

I'll go for ebay and buy a used one.

4. you can buy tanks for like 30$ just get the proper one its not like CO2 tanks are hard to come bye. But yes, you can...