Repeating Dreams

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Jeffrey Riot, Dec 27, 2007.

1. I've always wondered if you keep having the same dream for a long period of time, if it's trying to tell you something. I have a dream that I've been having for a couple years now, I don't exactly know if it's literal or metaphoric. All I do know, is that every time I wake up from it I'm overcome with terror. Here's the dream.

I'm sitting alone, on a curb in front of a diesel station down the street from my house. It's around 3 a.m. when a car pulls up in front of me. Now I am watching myself from a distance getting up and walking to the car, at this moment I notice a black truck parked not far away. A man steps out of the truck with a shot gun and makes his way to the car. I watch myself turn around and notice the man as he lifts the shot gun and fires twice, hitting me in the stomach and the heart. The car that pulled up earlier speeds off as the man calmly walks back to his truck and drives off. I am now looking up at the moon and stars, hearing sirens off in the distance. It's hard to breath now and my vision starts to blur. Right before I die, I hear laughing, as if someone is right next to me but no one is.

When I wake up my chest and stomach hurt and I'm unable to go back to sleep.

The reason I'm typing this is because I just woke up from this dream, and I don't know why I keep having it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mabye your dream is reflecting something bad that is happening in your life now, or happened. I've had dreams just stop, and pick up a week later from the time i woke up the first time.. weird.

3. I used to have this fucked up dream every single fucking night man, Only thing is my dream was that I'm being chased by Kane from WWE:p, and he's as strong as Jason X, and he wanted to kill me.. I mean how fucked up is that ? huh

and no matter how far I fuckin run or try to slow him - he's always there man. fuck
    Then I figured there was this guy I from my road named Marvin who was deaf, and he'd always stop me on the street on my way to shop to talk to me (he's deaf man) and he was looking for friends, so I didn't want to have a deaf friend, so i'd be like trying to get away from him all the time, and I know at the time it felt like a mountain for me coz I felt real guilt at the time trying to get away from him or get rid of him somehow, then I figured fuck, what am I running away from? why? when I finally decided to know him and talk to him, he turned out not to be the idiot I thought he was coz of how he talks, he wasn't a bad guy at all and we actually became good friends.

I stopped having those dreams after getting to know him better, So I say - dreams are usually linked to a subconsious unrest of some kind, jus find out exactly what it is and you'll stop having them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you are interested in ANY aspect of dreams, I would highly suggest you read 'The Interpretation of Dreams' by Sigmund Freud. It gives insights into the dream that every single person can relate to.

You will be reading and notice something that has happened to you in your life or in a dream.

Its a great read.

IMO.... recurring dreams are caused by an overload of the material your psyche pulled from reality. Regardless if the dream makes any sense, your brain takes aspects of your 'wakened' life to create said dream.

For instance, I had a vendetta with a person who used to be my best friend ever. We had a falling out and we hate each other. Many events in my life involved him...many shitty events. Since then, I've had recurring dreams that involve him.... all ending with me in handcuffs going to jail.

Dreams are trippy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yea i dont have dreams that reoccur often but i have one or two dreams that ill have once about every six months or a year.

Also Ive noticed that when Im on a tolerance break i remember my dreams alot more than when im smoking regularly

6. Yeah same here. I have this strange one with being chased by a wolf. This huge shadowy dire wolf.. And hes chasing me unrelentlessly. Its really weird, every dream has been in a different setting, one was across rolling meadows with fences that I was climbing over to escape, another was on a hilltop forest where I escape over a dike, another was a straight race to a ravine, climbing up just in time with it snapping at my heels. It always wigs me out when I wake up.

7. That dream is the one I have more frequently, yet I have had 2 or 3 more dreams with the same man in them. One is I am walking in pitch black, except for a beam of light up ahead. As I'm walking I'm getting deeper in deeper in what feels like blood. When I reach the light I find myself lying face down, with blood pouring out of me. I look up and see the silhouette of the man with the shotgun.

8. maybe your sleeping in a position where your putting pressure on your stomach and chest. i find a lot of times my dreams will be centered around certain sleeping positions, and im really into dreams and learning about them etc. like the other night, this might sound wierd lol but whatever, i had a dream that an ex gf was giving me head but she was crushing one of my nuts and it killed! i woke up shortly after (too early hahaha) and my nut hurt and it was bc of the position i was in lol...its almost your brains way of telling you to wake up bc your hurting yourself...

now you might not be in that position the second you wake up so you might not make the corellation but it could be tru bc ive had that for several other instances like hands and arms falling asleep etc...dont always over analize your dreams

• Like Like x 1
  9. one of my best friends always has this dream about being on a beach with his family and a big tsunami wave hits and the only person he can save is his little brother. he always asks me what i think it means but i dunno what to tell him.

10. i think the only person that can intrepret your dream is yourself, depending on freud to intepret will only complicate things. sit and think about it for a while the anwsers will come.