Repeat Cannabis Cup winners.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Kirin, Nov 19, 2011.

1. #1 Kirin, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
    Hey peeps, new here. I made up this list yesterday of repeat winners in the Cannabis, Sativa and Indica cup, as well as how many time that strain won and how they "scored" over all. I'd really like it if someone more detail inclined would have a look at this and point out any errors I may have made so I can rectify them. :D

Score* | W.Sco** | Wins*** | Name | Breeder**** | Species
    10 | 14 | 4 | Super Lemon Haze | Green House United | Sativa
    9 | 11 | 4 | Blueberry | ? | Indica
    6 | 6 | 3 | Sensi Star | ? | Indica
    5 | 7 | 3 | Chocolope DNA \ Grey Area \ The Green Place | Sativa
    5 | 6 | 3 | AK-47 | ? | Sativa \ Indica | Hybrid
    5 | 6 | 3 | NYC Diesel | ? | Sativa
    6 | 7 | 2 | Jack Herrer | Snesi Seeds | Sativa
    5 | 7 | 2 | G-13 Haze | ? | Sativa(?)
    5 | 6 | 2 | Utopia Haze | Barney's | Sativa
    5 | 5 | 2 | MK Ultra | DNA Genetics | Indica
    4 | 6 | 2 | Super Silver Haze | The Green House | Sativa
    4 | 5 | 2 | Martian Mean Green | DNA \ Grey Area | Sativa
    4 | 4 | 2 | Kali Mist | ? | Sativa
    3 | 3 | 2 | L.A. Confidential | DNA | Indica
    3 | 3 | 2 | The Purps BC Bud Depot Sativa

*Assuming a 1st place win is worth 3 points, 2nd place 2 points and 3rd place 1 point
    **More weight given to winning in the Cannabis Cup catagory by 1 point, I.E. 1st place is worth 4 points and so on.
    ***Total number of times the strain has placed in the Cannabis Cup, Indica Cup or Sativa cup.
    ****Not all Breeders were mentioned in the articles I was referencing, as such some breeders are unknown to me.

Sources:
    KGB - Complete List of Cannabis Cup Winners
    https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Cannabis_cup

--

Updated with Jack Herrer as per Bad Karma 8's insight. Thanks BK!

This was my attempt to get a list of any strain that has won more than one Cannabis Cup award in the Cannabis, Sativa and Indica cup, then assign a "Score" based upon at what number they placed. The first listed is a flat score, the second is a score giving extra weight to Cannabis Cup wins.

Give this list a quick look over if you would and see if you can find any errors I made. Sadly attention to detail is not my forte. :p

If the list seems right, feel free to use it at your leisure! If not, post the mistake and I'll correct it.

As soon as we have the 2011 winners I'll update the list in a new thread.

Have a puff for me!
    Ksi

2. Post Script: The formatting in Notepad didn't translate well to the forums, but all of the pertinent information is there for those looking. Sorry 'bout that. :p

3. You need to do more research sir, you're missing many multi time winners, like Jack Herer from Sensi Seeds for example.

4. Laaame. Did you take into consideration that I was only looking at Cannabis, Sativa and Indica cups? I didn't go into Hydro Cup or best booth or what have you?

Perhaps you could point me in the direction of a more complete list that I could work from?

5. Well dammit, now I feel stupid. =/ Ah well, thanks for the pointer none the less Karma, much appreciated. :)

6. LOL the best High Times advertised strains you mean ..right ?

7. Yeah, I concede that I'm new to this community as a whole, what's more I haven't smoked in more than a year and even /then/ I was out of touch with the difference between good, bad and neutral weed. (Yes, I was a very, very uninformed consumer.)

So since it appears that my source material was quite limited in scope, can you recommend a better reference resource? If there is a means by which to improve my data set I would be more than appreciative. :)

Thank you for the heads up though! Wish I had known that High Times didn't touch certain strains, that would have made not making the list much easier. :p

8. Many think the Cannabis Cups are rigged, pre-bought.

9. The Sensi Star strain is a Paradise Seed orginal. Awesome potent true Indica stone.

10. haha the cc was raided this year