Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Repairing my glass bong

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Carharttkid, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Hopefully some of you seasoned tokers will have some expirience with hot glue and glass, as this is my temporary means of repairing my piece. If this is in the wrong section I appologize.

Ill try to keep this short but give you blades some background info. My bong is glass on glass connection at the bowl and stem, but connects to the base with a rubber gromet. Its a nice bong (7 mm glass) and by no means a shitty gromet bong. Anyways the downstem broke, but still works. I ended up cutting the gromet when i was putting the ds back in and now to get an airtight seal you need to force it down. Its a huge pain in the ass and i wanted to hot glue it until i got a replacement grommet.

1. Will hot glue work on glass to glass connections?

2. Will i be able to remove the hot glue once i find a relacement?

3. Do you think my lhs will have replacement gromets?

Wow that was actually kinda long, im using mobile so i can add pics when o get home , thanks

2. I don't think hot glue would be the best in this situation. You know Loctite makes super glue for glass on glass adhesion. Idk my 2 cents

3. Yeah the only thing is hot glue is wayerproof and will probably create a better seal. And if you read the whole thing i said i wanted to be able to remove the glue once ive found a replacement

4. Dude I broke a hole in my beaker bottom and just used duck tape to patch the hole till I can glue it. Magic

5. go buy grommets at home depot or walmart for $1.49, prob solved

6. I used JB Weld on a cheap stone travel peice. I was jamming a peice of paper towl in the bowl to clean it and the bowl just split in half. I used as little as i could and used wire to hold it together while it dried. About 24 hours later i was using it and made sure to pay attention if it tasted funny but it seemed fine. . Apparently it can be used in very high temp applications thats why I used it. Either JB Weld or good epoxy, hot glue is a joke

7. hot glue will not work glass to glass. you will need some type or contact cement (or 2part glue). Glues are usually meant for permanent fixes.