Rep. Ron Paul Introduces H.R. 1831, The Industrial Hemp Farming Ac

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by BrewCityLegend, May 13, 2011.

1. No more than thinking Hemp is the savior of the planet.
    Stop fucking lying already.
    You want hemp legal so MJ can be legal. Thats the bottom line.

2. Who ever said it was to save the world? Hemp has amazing benefits. So do soy beans, sun flowers etc. I'd love to see hemp legalized and industrialized. It would improve lives, economy, etc.

3. #43 tharedhead, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
  4. Guys theres no point arguing with HappyBoy because he's RIGHT about everything! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

5. i'm about to open my own gas station if that bill passes $ :D $

6. :hello: Forreal

Love the Sig, Regular Show is the shit.

7. this is great, this will change ALOT
    no reason for this to be denied

anyone who's against this because you can't get stoned off hemp
    you're a little slow

this will be great for the environment

8. Yea right. :rolleyes:

9. hey, happyboy GTFO nobody cares what you thinkfucking dumbass STONER(yeah dumbshit that probably smokes weed cus he thinks its cool and has nothing better to do than annoy the fuck outta everyone)
    let me be perfectly clear and honest with you i don't smoke weed very often, my reasons for both being legalized are to be found in principle(i'm not gonna attempt to explain that, cus you probably won't get it) but if i had to chose, industrial quality hemp or smokable quality hemp being legalized, i'd go with the industrial quality hemp IT IS MUCH MORE USEFUL THAN GETTING HIGH FOR A FEW HOURS
    cannabis has its uses, though i agree it shouldn't be 'worshipped' as some almost do, it may just be one of the MOST useful plants on earth
    that is fact, not opinion, hemp has multiple uses
    does not mean that it will save the world, it simply means it has many uses
    it's just another plant, though far more useful than many others
    point being, just STFU because everyone is getting tired of your shit

10. and it will only be great for the enviroment if grown right
    my concern envirometnally is something i've been pondering, if you use EVERY part of the plant for something, then what are you using to mulch your fields after harvest and IMPROVE your soil without BULLSHIT chemical fertilizers?
    yes you can use compost, but why do that extra work?

11. I think Ron Paul knows a little bit more than you Brotato :wave:

12. you're making a fool of yourself..

13. It's fucking embarrassing, in my mind, to have a country that is so backwards that we cannot even legally grow hemp.

I like hemp because it is very good for lots of applications. It's not just that it can be used for lots of stuff, but it is an excellent choice of raw material for lots of applications.

I don't know about you guys (and gals), but I will be genuinely pleased to finally see hemp allowed to grow in america again.

@ oceansgreen:
    When it comes to using the whole plant, I think that most farmers use strains optimized for specific crops. For example, a farmer may grow 100 acres of a strain picked for it's superior fiber (A), and 100 acres of a strain picked for superior seed production (B).
    Mechanical separation harvesting equipment would then harvest just the stalks and leave the rest of the plant in field A. Then the tops only would be harvested for seeds in B, leaving the stalks and roots and what-not to be turned back into the soil.

Having never been a hemp farmer personally, I have to admit that may be a completely fallacious scenario that I just made up because I thought I heard such talk before.:smoke:

Here's to an important step forward!:D

14. hadn't thought of that man, great thinking, btw, anyone know how much plant material there is left after harvesting fibres?
    if you only harvest the main stem then there is still lots of leaves etc. but i think if you harvested for fibre you MAY have to do a bit of composting to stop the soil from depleting, or grow beans along with the hemp and just before harvest plant clover throughout the feild as a cover crop and a nitro fixer to help replenishe the soil a bit more

anyway, hope this passes, and if so, i fucking pray that the home gardener will be allowed to grow hemp, because i would love to grow some for seed adn make some hemp bread(from hemp flour) with hemp-nut butter and jelly from my own fruit tree:)

15. i would think that they would rotate fields and plant cover crops

16. Sorry, I had to clear this up. MJ does not give off a specific infrared frequency that is unlike every other plant on earth. The infrared detectors only help police detect MJ that is grown indoor, because it helps them locate if a certain room in the house is hotter than all the rest from the grow equipment.

The flyovers that are looking for pot aren't using infrared. They are using their eyes, since MJ has a different shade of green than most other plants in the woods.

17. Please people.. I'm sincerely begging you... I wish you would go out and vote for Ron Paul come 2012 but it's not my position to force you. I do however IMPLORE you to make an educated decision and actually get out and fucking vote.... Most of the people are sheep voting on shit they don't know. It breaks my heart to see what happened to this once great country. :(

18. no, i dont think i will

19. I would like to see the U.S. farming hemp for industrial purposes, but I do not want weed legalized. I want weed as a schedule 2 drug at the federal level so all states can get medical bud. That way, if I bitch and moan enough I can get medical bud in my home state. If weed was legal there would be chaos, bible thumpers would flood the streets. Plus a lot of stupid kids who were never meant to smoke weed would die in car accidents and such.

20. #60 weednotcrack, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011

wtf?!?!?

There is already chaos in the streets because it's illegal,have you heard of gangs?cartels? Do you know how much Chaos is in mexico right now because weed is illegal.Actually ,it's because drugs in general are illegal that there is chaos in the streets.If they were legal like alcohol and tobacco,then the gangs will go away for the most part.They would probably stay around for other illegal crimes like gambling or prostitution.

And why do you act like smoking weed is like drinking alcohol? smoking and driving isn't the same as drinking and driving

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3xJrRQHCAg[/ame]