Rep. Ron Paul Introduces H.R. 1831, The Industrial Hemp Farming Ac

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by BrewCityLegend, May 13, 2011.

1. Hempseed oil will run diesel engines. Hemp easily produces a crap ton of seeds with minimal fertilizer and pesticides on ground which is currently fallow. Go fill up your car and think of this.:)

2. though i think its best if the government stayed the fuck away from our shit, this is kinda a good idea
    personally, i'd start growing hemp immediately, as a food crop mainly but maybe for clothes too(and naturally and organically btw, none of that chemical shit for pesticides or whatever)
    and since recreational/medical cannabis would still be illegal, there would still be profits to be made for those that would otherwise be against legalization for the money
    but seriously guys HOW IMPORTANT is it that you can get high from MJ, it still has TONS of other uses

and random question for anyone whos ever grown to seed: approx how much seed do you get per plant?

3. Hemp is going to be the plant of the future. It's easy to grow and has high yields. I give away reusable hemp shopping bags at our family business to cut down on plastic bag waste :) this is a totally different issue than marijuana legalization for me.

4. Yea Yea Yea....hemp can be made into rocket fuel and can send men to the moon...Big fucking deal.
    This is just a smokescreen to get MJ legalized. Be honest for a change.

5. #25 Supporter31, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Wtf... Are you really that dumb? Like, I don't think it would actually be possible to be that stupid, but you're proving me wrong.

Mj and hemp have been unfairly lumped together in the past.

6. If cats eat squirrels, why don't cats have wings?:confused:

7. If the plant was milkweed or some other worthless plant that wasn't related to MJ and the government outlawed it, you guys wouldn't give a rats ass about it. But since hemp and MJ are SO closely related that you guys only want hemp legalized so you can grow MJ. It sure would be hard to spot the MJ in a field of hemp, now wouldn't it?
    Be fucking honest with yourself for once. I've heard all the lies about hemp being the wonder plant of the universe. It can solve the energy crisis. It can solve the food crisis. It can solve the housing crisis. I'm surprized you haven't said that it can raise the dead as well.

8. How is it that someone such as yourself can continue to post such arrogance.

You want everyone to admit that they want hemp legal as a smokescreen for pot. Then you have to admit that you troll (hate that word) just for the sake of trolling.

9. i do agree that most people are probably first intrigued because it is cannabis, but it has a lot of uses. and even though it would be (probably) highly impractical it would be fun to grow a patch of hemp on some land up here just to experiment with. it might totally fail, but with enough time and practice maybe id learn some good recipes or how to spin fiber or some shit.

also i dont know why you think it isnt a step forward, its would legalize a (potentially highly useful) product that really shouldnt have been made illegal in the first place, regardless of your stance on psychoactive weed.

10. :confused: why are you continuing to troll? nobody is lying about hemp. the declaration of independence was written on hemp, people used to be able to pay their taxes with hemp. the first model t ran on hemp oil and hemp was used to construct its wheels.

since you're jumping to the conclusion that the majority of us in this forum would like MJ legalized as well, congratulations for stating the obvious, however hemp is not only beneficial toward the cause legalizing mj, but it also happens to be a superior crop that can seriously benefit mankind and its simply wrong that it cant be mass produced to create new jobs and sustainable products.

11. They already have a special spy doohickey device which can spot the differences instantly. And I can't find a link to it...:mad:

Hemp has a distinctive different leaf shape/texture/infrared signature near maturity or some such thing.

Just like now, one flyover is all it takes. They are fully prepared to check hemp fields and remove any interlopers.

12. I don't believe that for a minute.

13. wow man, this thread had potential, but that fucking troll(honest question why in the hell do we call them trolls?) just ruined it for me...

14. How do you kill a troll?

- You stop feeding it.

15. I guess that puts you in the category of people who don't give a shit about the commercial benefits of water, or couldn't care less about the commercial benefits of rice?

16. The only reason I would care about the legality of hemp is in what it can do to get MJ legalized.
    Hate me for being honest. At least I'm being real about it instead of spouting some crap about saving the planet through hemp cultivation.

17. maybe if you could put two and two together and LISTEN to what we have been trying to convey to you, you'd realize most of us are being honest as well, and we can get the facts to back it up. see?

Fuel

hemp fuel | hemp biodiesel | hemp ethanol- hemp

Clothing

The Benefits of Hemp Clothing for the Whole Family | Natural Moms Blog

Plastic

Hemp plastic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now, will you quit trolling, or are we going to have to spoon feed you more information about this? im hoping you just have a severe inability to do a google search rather than being ridiculously ignorant about this topic.

18. Ignore the jackass

Edit: the troll I mean.

19. Hemp...the plant that saved the world.
    Or was it sea weed....the plant that saved the world?
    Or was it soybeans....the plant that saved the world?
    Or was it sunflowers....the plant that saved the world?
    Or was it sorghum....the plant that saved the world?
    Gee whiz folks, the list goes on and on. The bigger the list, the less important Hemp becomes.

20. except your list is based off of bullshit