Rep Points

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by herbsman420, Sep 12, 2005.

1. How many rep points do you need to get another little block. I am somehwat envious of you fellas for having all those damn blocks, and nobody ever gives me any damn rep. But anyway how many do ya need?

Jah Bless

2. 100 for each block, i believe

the first one is free though

so once you get 100 you get a second block

some ppls rep points are worth more
    depending on how many posts they have, how long theyve been here, and how much rep they have

3. 100? damn, that's a lot more then i thought it would be! lol. makes sense though. not EVERYbody can be famous.

4. Another rep question: when you go to User CP and u see the rep youo've gotten lately, i know red means bad, green good, but what's purple/blue mean?

5. i think green is the lowest amount of rep a person can give, and blue is the next highest and purple is the next highest

depending on what i said up there(the amount of posts, how long theyve been here, and how much rep they have)

but thats just a guess

6. 100 points per block, by default all users start with 10 points when they register on the forums.

For every 180 days of forum membership, you gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
    For every 100 posts you gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
    For every 100 points of reputation you gain, you'll gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
    You have to have a minimum of 50 posts before your reputation clicks are worth any points.
    You have to have a minimum of 10 rep points before your reputation hits count on others.
    All users are only allowed to give 10 reputation clicks per day.
    You have to give rep to 20 other people before you're allowed to give it to the same person again.

7. so what about the blue/purple blocks? lol
    lets see if i guess all correctly!

8. Blue means the user is too new of a user without enough points to make the rep click count for any points.

Green means positive points, red means negative points. I've not seen a purple before? :confused:

9. Thanks guys:)

10. just posted here to bump your rep, hope it helps ya!

Peace,Luck,Love, and Big ole' Buds to all!! :wave: :smoke: :cool:

11. Hey, Indy, it looks to me kinda like you can edit the Minimum Reputation Level values if you want. Is that true, so it could be used in the future when a large number of the members already have the highest rep level?

12. The possibility of that is there, Feanor.

Please don't give rep because people ask for it or beg for it or post about it, people. Give it because they earn it...either way, negative or positive.

13. I have like 2 purple reps, whats that?

whats "reputation-altering power"

does that mean the more expirenced you are here, when you rep someone it will give them more points? (for instance, a new person would give 1 pt, and someone with 284190241249 posts and been here since 1987 will give 33 points of rep)

14. Correct-A-Mundo :D Rep is not to be abused. That's a big no-no...

Indy... The purple rollinfatty's talkin about is the blue you're talkin about. Some people see it as purple on their screens. Mine shows up as purple... I guess it's supposed to be blue though? Eh... Whatever. Close enough, lol.

15. could one of you perhaps enlighten me as to what a gray block means? Does it mean that user is too new for it count?

16. Yeah grey is neither possive nor negative it's newuser rep

I guess it's seen as blue on some screens purple on others an grey on others still

All are probably off on the color in some way... not many I know actually bother properly adjusting their monitors to display realistic colors across the spectrum

17. grey/purple block=[​IMG]

18. Ars has hit the nail on the head :D