Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Reoccurring problem

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mimp, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Hey guys , not the first time I've had this problem .

I was pretty baked playing street fighter at around 6:am whilst everyone else at a party had gone to sleep , we decided to have another joint but it didn't do anything for me . This has happened on many occasions where I seem to develop a temporary tolerance after getting high and I can't get even more . On this occasion I even waited a few hours since my last joint to see if it would effect me.

Any help regarding why this happens would be much appreciated.

2. #2 TheSabz, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2010
    Ive actually heard this one a few times now, and it seems common with prolonged use of THC. I'm not 100% sure on this one, so correct me if i'm wrong;

AFAIK there are 2 main reasons for this, first being a psychological or mental block that occurs when u smoke consecutively for a long period of time; referred to as "Smoking yourself sober".

This, in my opinion at lease, is basically ur mind getting used to the effects of the narcotic to such a degree that u fail to identify the effects as being related to smoking in this case, rather u get tricked in the blief that this would be how u naturally feel with out the use of weed. in others words, ur sooo high, and have been getting high for awhile so the line sort of fades between the 2 states of consciousness.

Secondly, which is the more scientific explanation, where the phenomena is attributed to the fact that THC is stored in fat cells, and thus has a limited capacity to store THC; which then enters the blood stream. This explination assumes you are heavy toker and have been saturating your fat cells with THC to the degree that you come to a point where ur body can't process any more and have reached its maximum. This is when u stop getting high, the natural remedy is to stop for awhile (a good week or 2) for your body to get rid of the THC levels.

NOW i recommend u do your research to verify this information, because this is just off the top of my head. but i hope it clarifies some of the possibilities to your question

and BTW... SF4 is AWESOMEE .. been playing this game since i was a kid... HADOOOKEN lol

3. First explanation seems to make sense but not sure if the second applies to me , I don't smoke enough to build up a tolerance , it's just the few hours after the first joint of the night where nothing seems to happen . Thanks very much for your reply.

4. well u shoulda mentioned that... thats an easy one, you most likely not smoking very potent stuff :p

5. #5 Mimp, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2010
    Nah man It hit me pretty hard on the first joint of the night it was just after that . The bag was a decent mids and we packed it.