rents just found out.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tombo479, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Living with the rents due to financial problems, unemployment and all that. Well someone apparently told my dad I toked and that my friends are 'druggies' he basically told me if he hears anything more of it I'll be out on my arse, Im 19 but lack the resources to move out, what should I do/say to them?

2. In 20 mins I'm sitting down for a meal with them, what advice do you give me for that?

3. stop smoking till you get your "resources" together and you are financially stable enough to get your own place.

simple as that homeboy

4. Tell him he's old enough to realize that not everything he hears is true.

5. Tell them you realize the evil ways the herb and will now devote your young life to jesus christ your lord and savior, then get on your knees and pray to never smoke again. After tell your parents they must reform and for they have sinned, start calling them out on everything.

They will wish you smoked the herb again

6. #6 Plasma, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    I say don't deny anything. Tell them you've tried marijuana a few times if they bring it up? You're living with them, and unemployed. Probably not the best time to be toking, especially with all those drug tests required for a reasonable job. I'm not here to lecture you or anything though. If they start yelling you can just try to explain calmly the real benefits of MEDICAL MARIJUANA. This is of course if they bring it up. Don't start the conversation or anything! Might be too late, but good luck!? (Warning, advice might be bad.)

I always think. If the parents loved their kid enough and are so biased. Why wouldn't they really research those so called "dangers" online? A quick watch of The Union should change peoples minds or.. so I would hope. So much factual information out there.

7. Haha, I would do that if I didn't want to be kicked out.

8. Well, let's see, you live for free at home with your parents and they don't want you smoking pot while you live there.

Seems pretty simple - don't smoke pot while you live rent free

9. Rekon I should just jump on my bike and ditch outa this place for the night?

10. If that's normal?

11. Stop smoking. Save your money. Move out.

12. Yeah just like the people above me said,stop smoking until you move out.You are living in their house after all.

13. Its weed or your parents place/your relationship with them.
    I think the sane decision would be: Apologize for not regarding the household rules. Inform them you'll quit smoking and begin seeking employment so you can save up enough to get your 'real' life started. I know some sarcastic fellow (above)mentioned finding Christ but honestly bud, if you're not already a Christian become one, it'll do your life and afterlife a world of good. And it does not require you to stop smoking weed forever just be a good moral person and follow Christ.

14. Quit smoking

Get your shit together

15. My dad's a police officer and i recently lost my house. He knows i smoke. I told him i was going to start smoking again for my anxiety. He doesn't mind cuz he knows i can get a drug test requiring job and i don't act like an idiot. I really wish everyones parents could be so open minded. But if you can't get a job because of the weed then their probably right. My dad knows i can hold my own and. Keep my shit straight most the time.

16. No offense, but when I read the words "recently lost my house" and "keep my shit straight most of the time", it tends to question how bad things get when you don't keep your shit straight.

Just saying.

17. You can't afford to move out but you buy herb. Prioritize. How did you pass school. Seriously FUCK!

18. Yeah dude, running away from your problems will get you far in life.

Just ask your friendly neighborhood crack head.

19. Seems like the blades are getting tired of these sorta threads.

Hmm

20. this.