Rental house closet grow temp prob

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by goblue89, May 15, 2008.

1. I am having an extreme heat problem in my 4'x2'6"x7' closet. I have a 400 watt hps running and the heat is getting way to high. Low 90's high 80's. It's a rental so what would anybody here recommend for cooling this room without making any holes in the wall.

2. Also along the same lines, what about odor control for the same situation.

3. i was in the same boat, get busy with your hands and cut a whole in the ceiling of the closet ( becarefull to keep the peice you cut out nice and fresh cut) run an exhaust fan to the attic,sucking out heat and smell, you can also tap into one of the vents leading outdoors, when you ready to move, simply put the cut out section back in with small tabs on the backside of the cut peice to catch the other side of the ceilng so the inside will sit flush, pudddy sand and paint, thell never inspect the closet to the 3rd degree unless they suspect something. and your plants and grow will be much better.

EZ

4. Plants can grow in the low 80s if you get high 80s you need Co2 Figure out your average temp in the house without lighting on it should be around 70-75 an just add ducking to your grow room and fans an that should do it if your average temp is above 75 then keep your a/c lower

5. its so hard to get your plant to show sex and flower with temps that high seriously thats what i did i cut a hole in the top of my closet not a big one but big enough for me to stick my homemade carbon filter in it

6. thanks for the replies im going to try the hole in the ceiling idea. No worry about finding out the sex. It was really cold here, but now it has shot up to almost a hundred the past few days during flowering, but i found out the sex before this happened, the ones in the room are females.

7. I found that with my 400 in the closet, if you are able to somehow form four walls around your plants out of cardboard or whatever and then use 2-3 regular old fans to intake air via holes talor made for the fans, then the air that is dumped into your semi air tight walls has nowhere to go but up thus forcing the hot air out of the top....but this only works with the door slightly cracked so fresh air can constantly be blown in///just my 2 c..

8. ok going to start on putting a hole in the ceiling. Could you go into a little more detail about that process, like materials needed, what device to cut the hole with, etc. Just not too sure how to do this.

9. put a portable swamp cooler or AC in the closet.