Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Removing the safety from lighters

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by B-J-G, Oct 18, 2010.

1. I did it from age 13 to 17, then stopped for some reason. I just recently started doing it
    again a couple days ago because of an annoying blister with a super thick callus over it
    formed on my thumb because of the pressure required to light it with the safety thing.

2. Removing the safety is a must. I do it as soon as i start using a new lighter. It's just a pain to have to apply that much pressure to light it, especially when your high

3. Yup, ALL of my lighters have the safety removed. It just makes things so much easier.

4. I ALWAYS do it. I refuse to light any bic with a safety, even if it isn't mine. A friend of mine does however keep hers on because she says bics with the safety on is less likely to get jacked.

5. i do, makes it easier to light when your stoned

6. Always. Shit pisses me off.

7. Yeah I always remove the safety from my lighters also.

I use a paper-clip or a fork to get it off.

8. Whevever i get a new lighter 3 things happen. I rip that lil silver fucker off my new lighter, i wrap my new litte baby in a warm coating of beeline, and a toke.

CHeers.

9. I never take the safety off, and I leave the sticker on the side
    I like my Brown Bic to look brand new

10. Haha, nobody mentioned the sticker. For me, that comes off ASAP.

I also like to engrave my lighters. Not professionally, just write whatever my stoned mind tells me to on it with a pocket knife or something.

But yeah, safety always off, because I use my index finger to flick my Bic when lighting bowls. :)

11. I guess I'm almost the only one in this thread that deals with it. It's not hard at all imo to light a bic with a safety.:confused:

12. can you only do this with bics??????????

13. Yep yep I do it

14. First thing I do as well most the 'seasoned' stoners.I kick it w do too, not so much the 'apprentice' smokers.I know

15. [​IMG]

16. First thing I do when I buy a Bic is remove the safety. Some of my friends think I am OCD about it, but its just a ritual I do. Also, makes lighting it 10x easier.

17. this is a stupid thread

18. yup on all of them. me some friends just talked about this a min ago

19. I always do it. I can't stand using a bic with the safety on

20. It just feels better and it is easier to use