Removing the Confederate Flag

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Vicious, Jun 23, 2015.

1. right on!

Not the I give a shit what flags people wanna fly or burn. But the confederate flag represents the southern homeland to souther people which is fine. But it also represents the southern democrats' efforts to maintain and spread government sanctioned oppression and that ain't fine.

I firmly believe in states rights - up until the point where people try to get away with fucking over other people and mask its injustice under some ill-conceived right of local regions to do anything to anyone that the rich and powerful deem necessary to make them richer and more powerful..

2. #382 SlowMo, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
    The German peeps once told their Left to fuck off - by electing Adolf Hitler! [​IMG]

The American Left is off the hook loony but we better be careful who we empower as an alternative.

3. It'd be even funnier if we found out that those selling the flag pushed for it's removal from government grounds.. they probably knew that it'd increase their sales.

4. Close, but no cigar.
    We are no longer a part of the British Empire, the South is still, very much a part of the USA.
    Major difference, the rebels were quelled and their States remained a part of the Union. :smoke:

5. On top of that look at the motivations of each. One fought a tyrannical government who was basically stealing from them and providing no reasonable return. The other fought to keep the right to own other human beings as property which they subjugated to hard labor and terrible living conditions. The methods used by both were somewhat similar but the motives were very different.

6. the swastica was origionally a completely positive spiritual thing until the nazis addopted it. Now its become the staple for racism.

7. I too, have a lack of shits to give. I just dislike double-standards or when an issue being argued for the wrong reason.

I also dislike that slavery is laid at the feet of the United States. Slavery was conceived and instituted by the authority of and in the interest of other countries (England, Spain, Portugal and France) attempting to colonize and exploit the new world. The U.S. was a movement that started with the notion that man should be free and from its first days did all that was practically possible to eradicate slavery. Finally succeeding by great cost of blood within 80 years. It seems that the sins of the slave owners always overshadow the virtue of those who marched forth, that all mankind may live free.