Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Removing resin from a bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mcgrblunts, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Anyone know the most effective method of removing all of the resin from my bubbler so that i can smoke it? I've heard that if you use nail polish remover with the main ingredient as acetone, that it removes the resin from the walls of your pipe or bowl or whatever. Does the nail polish remover method work, and if so, how do you get the resin back out of the liquid once it is dissolved in the nail polish remover and dry it out so that it is smokeable and will get me high. Any help is greatly appreciated - I NEED TO GET HIGH.

Thanks

2. #2 worknplay, Sep 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
    We always boiled our pipes and such and got it out that way. Can't remember how my buddies separated it all from the water since I wasn't around when they did that step, but it worked, and worked well I must say...

:smoke:

Forgot to mention the one time we did it, we had all our pipes and bowls in the pot together. Guess I could have done a lil research before we did it...lol

3. dude, a paperclip is tits, just heat you rpeice up a bit with a lighter and itll coem right out.

4. Only thing is, I used the paper clip method yesterday, haha. Theres more resin in my bubbler, but there isnt any in big chunks anymore that i can just pull out and load up, so i was wondering if i could use any liquid to completely clean it and then maybe boil it off or something and leave the resin behind.

5. #5 rippin-tubes, Sep 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
    i guess you could use hot water.... just put some water in it and shake the piss outta it. then dump the water through a sreen of sorts (paper towel or a cofee filter should work) let dry then smoke. i definately wouldnt use any nailpolish remover or anything... it will probally clean it but smoking it just seems like a baad idea.....

edit: have you tried just dumping the water out and just dry hitting it with your lighter? like try putting the lighter up to the carb hole and suck... then try the bowl.... worth a shot

6. Dude dont use nail polish remover, that could do some stuff you dont want, especially if its a cheap bowl with color change not under more glass, nail polish remover might take off the gold or silver that they put on it. Boiling works, somewhat smells bad and gets the outside of your piece sticky. Go with rubbing alcohol, its cheap and works great. Soak your piece overnight and wash it out with hot water or a pipe cleaner.

7. Everytime, hold lighter to piece, i use a bobby pin that my girl always leaves here, but paperclip works too, scrape that bitch and ball up your resin, then once all scraped proceed to cleaning the piece/smoking whats left

8. i scarape with a paper clape ~scraping end-->> __/\--------------------------

9. heat up your piece and use the round end of a bobby pin to scape the resin
    dont boil your pipe cause it could crack
    and i wouldnt recommend smoking resin after you use alcohol to get it out :)

10. I aways use iso alcohol and salt, then shake it up real good.

11. i scrape all the resin in the bowl with like a paper clip and get a little ball then put that in the bowl, then hold a lighter under the pipe where the most resin is for like 10-20 secinds to get it melted, then hit the pipe normally and cover the carb too. careful the this is REALLY un healthy ( pure resin and butane biuld up) and its easy to burn yourself