Removing Fan Blade Guards? Why?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PinkFloydEffect, Jul 19, 2017.

1. I tried doing some Googling on this topic to no avail. Often when watching grow logs on Youtube I noticed people remove the protective shrouds from their osculating fans...but why? Air flow? Easier to clean? There must be a solid reason?

Thanks

2. It's literally just to improve airflow. A shroud over the front of a fan will always affect airflow somewhat.

3. Haha wow, well that explains it! You must gain 1% efficiency at the risk of taking a chunk out of your head.

• Like Like x 1
  4. :confused_2: pretty much. i haven't ever taken the shroud of a fan but i once got my fingers caught in the blades when i was moving it luckily i had unplugged it before hand and the blades were going a lot slower. so my fingers weren't totally shredded just mostly.

5. Give me a fan with no guard and I bet I would have a cut up tent, chopped plants, and less fingers within like 5 mins -.-

• Like Like x 1
  6. Starting to think these people are idiots that remove the guards now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I take all the guards off my fans, never ever had a problem, I'd be surprised at how much it increases airflow

Vote boom 2017
    Testers wanted for Mars Hydro COB

8. These are just the 6 inch little plastic fans , anything with any kind of size or power and I wouldn't screw with it

Vote boom 2017

• Agree Agree x 1