Removing broken downstem?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by TheSingingStoner, Apr 6, 2018.

1. This is just a cheap piece, so the bowl and downstem came as one peice. I accidentally broke it. It hits so much harder now, but I can't get it out to clean it. Help? 1523029753428.jpg 1523029775487.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. This just happened to me.... time to hit up DHgate again.

I used a tapered-end knife, like a butter knife, to insert into the downstem and twist while the bong is upside down. I kept refilling it with water and dumping it out as I was twisting the broken piece and it eventually popped right out. The back-pressure gently pushed it out instead of me having to twist it out and send little pieces of glass flying around all over my kitchen. A flat-head screwdriver may work as well however you gotta make sure it isn't wider than where you're inserting it otherwise you'll just break your bong.

3. I've looked at them. They've got some great pieces. How long does shipping usually take?

4. what Black syth said. you can also take a pen or similar, add a ball of epoxi mixture and touch JUST THE GLASS TUBE, if the epoxi touches the bong itself then it's even worse and the end. if you can do it touching just the broken downstem piece, once it dries, you will have a solid handle to pull on it and try to very carefully twist it out

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shipping usually takes between 3-6 weeks. Just make sure you read the user reviews before purchase.

Did you get that mfer out?

6. easiest way I found is bending a coat hanger and pulling it out

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Use a hanger and bend it with a hook on the end. Put it in through the downstem hole and pull up. It should all come out. Soak it in hot water first to loosen it for about 1 minute.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not yet. I've been pulling doubles the last 2 days. I'm trying tomorrow.

9. 1523303351532.jpg

Got it! I'm considering super gluing it back together so I don't have to fuck with it.

10. i've used glue before but that downstem part is so cheap and easy to find

11. I glued it. I'm not gonna replace it when I can fix it for something this cheap

12. That isn't a part that receives any heat so it should be fine but i would still go with the glass eventually. these downstem parts cost 3 dollars where i live

13. I'm actually not sure about the measurements to even get a new downstem which is why I didn't replace it. My luck it'd be a size that's hard to find

14. it's either 14 or 18mm, so easy to figure out. looks like it's 18mm btw

15. What method did you use to get it out?

16. Bent a wire coat hanger and pulled it out. But it broke again. I'm just gonna replace it.

17. Superglue? The downstems are like $15 or less even at a local head shop ..(I let them do the DHGATE stuff as I hate dealing over there..then trying to rid my inbox of all the spam.:bang:

18. I don't see the point of spending 15 on a part for a $24 bong that I'm planning on replacing ASAP.

19. I broke my down stem on my bam bam b hole bong luckily the Bong didn't break but I need to buy a new Dow stem for her lol

There about 10 dollars on ebay ha ha

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app