Removing Big Fan Leaves???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mariwana, May 22, 2010.

1. :wave:Guys, Im about 80 to 85 days into Veg on some Bagseed, which is my first grow by the way, and Im using LBH's 4-way topping and LST Method but my girl has formed some huge fan leaves and are covering up bud sites completely. Ive heard of removing some of the larger fan leaves in order to allow more light penetration to the bud sites but was wondering if there is a specific time during the grow process that this should take place? Also, will my plant stress and growth be delayed because of removing the leaves? Thanks in advance guys!!!

2. :wave: Its best to tuck or tie them out of the way if you can as they are there to do a job and make your girls grow. Its best to only remove them if they are 50% or more yellow, dying or damaged but you can remove a couple if need be.

Good luck

3. Tricks to minimize leaf size -
    lower humidity
    use a fan
    increase light
    Avoid trimming leaves until your plant is closer to harvest. Trimming healthy leaves harms your plant.
    When a plant is put into 12/12 flower cycle, all stems will do an initial stretching for 1-2 weeks. This generally pushes the tips out beyond fan leaves, or at least makes it easier to tuck fan leaves out of the way.
    Good luck mon.