Remove a dying plant and roots

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Indyca, Mar 2, 2016.

1. I'm learning the hard way that trying to grow two plants in a 5 gallon bubble bucket doesn't work out very well. One of my babies is dying, and I don't think I want to put the effort in to saving her. I want to chop her and remove as many of the roots as possible, so I don't leave dead remains in the bucket with another perfectly healthy plant. Hopefully, this will result in the single plant maturing better than it would have with another plant sucking up nutrients.

So I guess my question is will this work? Can I remove what roots I can see belong to the dying plant, and let the other plant continue? Are there certain precautions I need to take, or can I just hope her down? (2 weeks in to flower, 2 buckets under 1000 watts)

2. You might be OK .....I would not worry about the roots, Just cut at ground level and do not disturb the good one. If you are lucky, there will be enough room for the roots to finish. I hope this helps

3. Oh boy, lol that's a little tricky.. If it were me I'd chop the dying plant and gently remove any loose roots (if there are any).. In the mean time, just prepare for ph swings (drops) and remove the dying roots daily as they decay; with doing as little damage to the healthy gal as possible.. Be prepared to lose them both as it is very possible. .The decaying matter is going to promote rot and all sorts of fun stuff.. It would be advantageous to start treating with h202 or hygrozyme until you've gotten them all..