Removal and Destruction of Statues and Monuments

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Rational thinking?
    Thanks garrison, you've given me a good laugh there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I looked into that. The picture is clearly taken from a photo of the woman who started the company. In what world is putting your own picture on your own brand racist?
    Uncle Ben's is going too. Turns out that one is a little racist though lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sounds like you’ve met a shit ton of them to speak like that.
    When did you make it over, comrade?

4. #64 garrison68, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Here's an old Ritz sign in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, from 1940, which has an image of a Black woman. I guess they'd take that down, since any images of people in America other than White people, are "Racist".
    Ritz Sign Williamsberg 2224 lot 14.jpg

5. Don't need to meet them to know the cut of their jib Jas.

I bet a real genuine vet like you wouldn't be out making a spectacle of yourself like that.

6. I was just under the impression that you had the opportunity to meet some clowns from the other side of the pond.

And yessir, the silent majority is well armed and ready for what may be coming.
    Don’t gotta go around advertising it for air time though.
    Got tea to sip and all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I hear you Comrade and I've no doubt that the real patriots like yourself are well able to defend yourselves and what you believe in. I just have to laugh when I see the toy soldiers prancing around with their chests puffed out as if they're marching into battle.

The get up on some of those lads is comical.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. You’re right
    At times it’s silly
    But also, don’t judge the book by its cover and don’t ever underestimate a potential opponent.
    That’s just some ‘not gettin your wig split 101’

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I hear you Jas, when you let down your guard is when you pay the price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. #70 Bean248, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    Tucker Carlson gets props for having the guts to criticise the Republican establishment on Fox News for doing nothing, but gets minus props for politicising a movement that is non partisan and is concerned with civil rights for all Americans. That's by design though, it's what Fox News pays him the big bucks for. You gotta get all the old people scared into clutching the pearls and believing their way of life is under attack.

The fires of frustration and discord are burning in every city, North and South, where legal remedies are not at hand. Redress is sought in the streets, in demonstrations, parades, and protests which create tensions and threaten violence and threaten lives.

We face, therefore, a moral crisis as a country and as a people. It cannot be met by repressive police action. It cannot be left to increased demonstrations in the streets. It cannot be quieted by token moves or talk. It is time to act in the Congress, in your State and local legislative body and, above all, in all of our daily lives.

It is not enough to pin the blame on others, to say this is a problem of one section of the country or another, or deplore the fact that we face. A great change is at hand, and our task, our obligation, is to make that revolution, that change, peaceful and constructive for all.

Those who do nothing are inviting shame as well as violence. Those who act boldly are recognizing right as well as reality.

Unless the Congress acts, their only remedy is in the street.

John F Kennedy, Civil Rights movement 1963

Not everyone out there right now is behaving morally or ethically, but that does not mean there isn't a just cause for the protesting. The blame lies with leadership on every level for failing to act prudently.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Interesting assessment, given that that the company was started by two white men named Chris Rutt and Charles Underwood, in 1889...

You should read the article again. Seems the relatives of the "woman who started the company" are more distraught over lack of royalty compensation from Quaker Oats, rather than history being erased by rebranding....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. There would never have been a reason for the Black Lives Matter organization, if the police unions did not exist. Now is the time to make that a reality.

This drives liberals crazy, as the truth usually does, in matters that they are so sure of being right, about.

13. The police are just the most visible representation of the racist society we live in. It's not just cops that are racist, it's a disease that is spread through all sections of society.

And before the Merica internet police shit themselves, racism exists throughout out the world. Where I live is as much a racist cesspit as the US is.

14. #74 garrison68, Jun 25, 2020
    You do not seem to get the point that the Black Lives Matter was started six or seven years ago, in response to the killing of blacks by police. It does not address the killing of black people by other black civilians, only by cops who generally should have been fired before, but were saved from dismissal, by their union. Half the cops in America are not members of a union, and cause far less problems than the unionized officers. The reason is, they can be fired, the union cops can't, until they kill.

Summary: Outlaw the police unions, fire the known bad cops, and Black Lives Matter will have to dissolve, exist primarily as a watchdog group, or change their focus to other areas of interest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. As I said cops are the most visible form of racism in our society but they are only the tip of the iceberg, it's a disease that is widespread throughout all aspects of our world.

But you're 100% bang on re the police unions, those corrupt scumbags are worse than the mafia.

16. #76 garrison68, Jun 25, 2020
    Before we help to end injustice and disparity in the rest of the world, America must have a united front against the police unions, and I don't see that happening with BLM as a major player, as they are too deeply entrenched in the Democratic Party, which supports police unions. I would like to see somebody prove me wrong, and prove that BLM understands that reforming and/or defunding the police does not work, and that the only way to get rid of bad cops, is to abolish the police unions.

Does BLM support the ending of police unions? I hope so, but if not, they are useless, part of a corrupt system, and not deserving of any further attention.

17. Couldn't tell you Comrade tbh. The BLM movement over this side of the pond is committed to addressing all forms of racism in our society.

In the US the toe rag Democrats have tried to affiliate themselves with BLM to win votes. With the way the system is rigged in the US to serve you guys either red shit or blue shit BLM are fucked unless they turn their backs on both and go it alone.

18. The BLM's main goal should be to abolish police unions. If this is unacceptgable to the Democratic and/or Repubican Party, then they should remain independent because, as I said before, unions prevent the firing of bad cops, until they kill.

Supporting these types of unions is very, very profitable, mostly for Democrats as they are the chief recipient of massive contributions from the police unions, and they will lobby for them, which results in leniency on abusive cops who may or may not be racist, as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Abolishing police unions and a total overhaul of the police and overall justice system in the US would be a good start but as I said that's only the tip of the racist iceberg. BLM USA need to keep fighting until racism is fully stamped out.

20. #80 garrison68, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Well you can stamp out whatever you like, but 99% of the reason that people started these demonstrations and riots, was due to the fatal choking of George Floyd by a cop with a long history of abuse complaints.

Stick with what you know, we already have laws guaranteeing that people are entitled to equal treatment under the law, in all matters. Human life is the most important thing, and ending the police unions will be a huge step in the right direction.

If you do not know it already, the vast majority of black murder victims in America, had their lives taken by other blacks.

Now, if you want to address that, go ahead, but I'd like to please get back to the topic of the destruction of monuments, what it means, and how to deal with that specific issue.