Remember...

Discussion in 'General' started by psilopsyche, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Remember, remember the fifth of November
    The gunpowder treason and plot
    I see no reason
    Why the gunpowder treason
    Should ever be forgot

Interested to see some of your opinions on the gunpowder plot :smoke:

2. Not following...

I like guns but dont own any.

3. When I was younger I had wished Guy Fawkes succeeded.

4. [quote name='"MaxAmmo"']Not following...

I like guns but dont own any.[/quote]

Does the name Guy Fawkes ring a bell?

5. It won't to most Americans, unless of course, they've seen V for Vendetta and understand the history behind it.

My opinion? Guy Fawkes, like most revolutionaries who see that peaceful revolution does not work forever, is painted in an extremely negative light by the British. They call him a traitor, yet ignore the treasonous things Parliament was committing against the British in the 15th century.

Now they burn his at the stake, by proxy, this night every year. I can only imagine that it is starting to take on a greater meaning to some of the youth now that people are waking up to the fact that our governments are treacherous, money-wasting, citizen murdering fools who need to be removed. Whether that can be achieved peacefully I cannot say.

So, if any of you British blades see Guy Fawkes set ablaze again tonight (well, I guess, if you did see...time zones and all) try to ascertain what his intent was...and realize that Parliament, and every other western government, is so much worse now than it was in the 15th century. Not such a bad guy now, huh?

6. #7 psilopsyche, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
    [quote name='"nathann"']

It won't to most Americans, unless of course, they've seen V for Vendetta and understand the history behind it.

My opinion? Guy Fawkes, like most revolutionaries who see that peaceful revolution does not work forever, is painted in an extremely negative light by the British. They call him a traitor, yet ignore the treasonous things Parliament was committing against the British in the 15th century.

Now they burn his at the stake, by proxy, this night every year. I can only imagine that it is starting to take on a greater meaning to some of the youth now that people are waking up to the fact that our governments are treacherous, money-wasting, citizen murdering fools who need to be removed. Whether that can be achieved peacefully I cannot say.

So, if any of you British blades see Guy Fawkes set ablaze again tonight (well, I guess, if you did see...time zones and all) try to ascertain what his intent was...and realize that Parliament, and every other western government, is so much worse now than it was in the 15th century. Not such a bad guy now, huh?[/quote]

Lol I'm American actually. But my thoughts exactly, +rep to you sir.

EDIT: Guess not lol. Tellin me I need to spread sone around before giving it to you again. Expect rep as soon as it'll let me.

7. I would, but I forgot.