Reloaded for 2nd Attempt, 60 Day Wonder

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Pastivity, Aug 9, 2010.

1. #61 Pastivity, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
    Day 20-21
    My new light will be in on Monday so I will then switch the lighting cycle to 20/4 until finish.
    So far so good over here
    The odor has gotten a little stronger as well
    My next obstacle will be installing the new light and adjusting the existing lighting to maximize output
    Here are some pics

Attached Files:

2. HI Pastivity... have your plants shown sex yet? They must be v v close if not there. Keep an eye out at top of plant just beneath top sprouting leaves where leaves meet stem. They pop up dead quick but you really need to get them in the right light to see them when they show for v first time. If they've already shown no bother just have not seen any pistils any of your pics so far. Cheers dude.

3. #63 Pastivity, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
    The LEDs I have are the quad band full spectrum for both veg and flower +2 full red panels I had added towards the end of my first grow
    I am only interested in the 150w HPS because I wanted more power for flowering
    I am about tapped out on the low end LEDs as of late
    Taking up too much space is only one problem

4. #64 Pastivity, Sep 5, 2010
    Day 22
    All good over here.
    #2 is having some asymmetric issues with the leafs but its to be expected I guess since I had almost lost her days into germination (stressed)
    Hopefully it won't affect my harvest too much
    One thing I can say is that the #2 plant has a stronger odor then #1
    Pics from this morning

Attached Files:

5. cmon pistils... they must be v v v v close! Got me fingers crossed for you :). Don't worry about asymmetrical leaves... no big deal at all. Autos are freaks anyway :D! Cheers Pastivity!

6. #66 Pastivity, Sep 6, 2010
    Day 23
    Pics from this morning
    Roots are about a foot long

Tru

Attached Files:

7. Your plants look very happy:). But small for 3-4 weeks in:eek:. Most hydro grows i've seen and read about say they yield more than soil. Like I said they look very happy but I feel more LEDs or preferably CFLs and/or HID would have produced much better results by now. Why the LEDs? Heat management or just trying something a little different? It can't be cost cuz LEDs are not inexpensive. +Rep for such happy looking plants. Good luck.

8. #68 Pastivity, Sep 7, 2010
    Day 24
    Added the new lighting and some flowering nutrients today
    Temps increased by 4*F
    Had taken all but two of the six original LED panels
    The next few days will be the big test for my newest set-up :D

Thanks, if there is one thing I have learned about growing is patience :cool:
    I am sure when they are ready they won't let me down
    The LEDs are there because of budget reasons in the beginning but getting better
    I know I need more power but since this is my second go around I am still upgrading
    One thing is for sure is that the HIDs are hottt

Attached Files:

9. and that dude is why I have the setup I have these days. The heat is fine if you have the right location and setup. But for micro grows in locations like mine it is not always the most advisable. I got v carried away when I first started growing going... I want the biggest baddest light out there to produce the biggest baddest buds... and now I realise I am happy to settle for ok results rather than exceptional if the method of growing is less aggressive. I've seen awesome results under CFL. Great rsults under LED. But nothing beats HID so long as you can handle the heat. Good luck with it :D! Your plants will love you oh so much for putting it in there... unquestionably so :smoking:. Time for your grow to rocket!

10. The heat is okay for now
    The reason being is that cooler weather is on the way so I am counting on that for some help
    Gives me time to come up with the funds for better ventilation
    After my disappointing first grow I need some exceptional results :smoking:

11. The 60 day wonder is closely related to Willie's wonder that I used to smoke all the time. Not around my way anymore but it was one of my favorite strains. Love to get a smoke report after you harvest.

12. #72 Pastivity, Sep 9, 2010
    Day 25-26
    Finally gave the ladies their names thanks to some crazy looking grow patern :laughing:
    Loca being the younger of the two is a name well deserved
    Eve will be the other
    They are loving the new set-up

Attached Files:

13. looking good brov

14. you know what dude... I think your lighting may have a come a little late for this grow. Or at least I think you now need to hope the plants take longer than 60 days. My autos that only took 70 days had flowers all over by day 30. My easyryders take longer but even they are more advanced than your 60dayers. This is not to bum you out but more to prepare you. Autos are genetic freaks and I've done it myself before (under hps) and stunted them. They never recover because they're on they run to their own schedule. If you'd been growing regular you could bounce back easily. I got my fingers crossed for you but just think you should also start planning for less than perfect here. It might be a good idea (if you can) to just start germing a few more autos/other plants now that your setup is sorted. Just my 2 cents but I am wishing you all the best whatever the outcome. With a 150w HPS you can grow seriously. Good luck! :)

15. Quick update

Everything is still on schedule for harvest which hasn't changed from day 1.
    Mid October is what I am aiming for.
    Loca is acting up as usual with the abnormal leaf patterns
    Like I stated earlier Loca's main stem has split at the top into four :smoking:
    On the other hand, Eve is doing her beautiful thing ;)
    In the beginning of Loca's life, she was almost lost so I had already had in my head that this would be a one plant show.
    Being that she survived, Loca will be my "extra on the side" if all goes well
    Eve being my main prize for grow #2

Attached Files:

16. so i see you got your self a lovely lady pastivity have you got a pick of the full plant brov

17. :hello: nice one pasti lookin good now ,

18. Thanks guys for stopping by, here are a few pics
    Next grow is going to be Barney's LSD with an auto or two if I can sneak them in.
    Hydro for the LSDs and thinking about using some soil for the autos on the side :cool:
    johneym1 how tall is your 60 Day?
    What week did the 60 Day show sex?

Attached Files:

19. Yay! Pistils! Cant wait to see these flower.

20. #80 Pastivity, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2010
    Thanks Zerostar I am very excited at this point.
    Loca has finally shown her true colors as of right now.
    She is remarkably still on schedule being that she was sprouted five days after Eve.

Attached Files: