Religious people piss me off.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by gtq838, Mar 26, 2013.

1. I'm kinda starting to get pissed about how Christians think that they are the cats pajamas because they believe in a god. And then they dismiss anybody that is not religious as some idiotic nut job. I find it funny how they stand behind god even it has been shown time and time again that it has been wrong. Countless proverbs and prophecies misproven, yet it is the standard for everything we know? I think that religion and science have a place in society, but I don't think it should be one-sided. I think it is foolish to hold one higher then another. Most people think they contradict each other, but maybe they don't and we just can't perceive it. Maybe the answer is in both. I believe there's a lot more beyond what our 5 senses can detect. I'd love to hear what you guys think. Edit: I do not mean all atheists do this. Just some. And it's the same for religious people too.

(Let the trolling begin)

2. 800+ replies would say otherwise.

It's just a nice debate. No need to get angry.

3. [quote name='"Mire"']Fuck you atheist troll you fucking hypocrite go fuck yourself.[/quote]

Very religious of you.

4. [quote name='"Mire"']800+ replies would say otherwise.

It's just a nice debate. No need to get angry.[/quote]

But... Didn't you just get angry?

5. lol thread

subbed

6. #7 Verdurous, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
    I think we've got some hypocritical hypocriting of hypocrisy right here. Oh my lordy lord, it's not a wild hypocritamus is it? :eek:

Dude, I'm a gay Christian and I don't even go that far in terms of hypocrisy. In no stretch of the concept, ideology, or what have you, even semantic bullshit, is telling someone to go fuck themselves at all ok. It's even against GC's rules. What are you thinking? :confused:

7. Yep. It's no debate either. Teaching science is not us forcing religion. Just because we don't believe in something doesn't mean we think we are better. Is it embarrassing that so many of the GOP doesn't believe evolution, lol, very much so. No atheist don't preach anything we just don't believe in god because even if god did exist we would have no other way of observing him than science. All the magical stuff is just fairy tales and its that simple. It's made up. Fiction all of it. Lets be real for just a few minutes everybody thinks its stupid to worship the sun god but people didnt use to and people used to worse the Greek gods too. They are all the same. Science has even shown the techniques used to fool people and the basic human struggle with mortality doesn't help either. I understand why people turn to religion and it can even be healthy for them. But don't you dare call it science, that is a fucking joke.

8. Theists mocking other more specific theists makes me chuckle.

9. I actually like you even though we are very often on opposite sides because well the first sentence was funny but you also take a step back once in a while which is cool. Not sure if i said that correct im pretty baked.

10. It's ok he say whatever. Lol I don't give a shit. I don't need people to like me.

11. If you think about it everything is a religion.

12. I thought me and op were switching rolls... Since I made a thread similar to this and he went rage mode in it.

I can't beat the trolls. :(

13. I get what you're trying to lay down. :smoke: I don't really see it as a fence myself. It's more of the opposite side of the same ideological coin for me. I'm only looking for answers and believe in considering all of the possibilities, having a completely open mind, etc as opposed to convincing myself as certain school of thought should be my sole form of perception. You see, I don't really believe in debating or devil's advocate, I believe in dialectics. I care about the trutch far more than ever being right. I don't care if I'm wrong about anything in the end, I would just like to eventually know. lol :D

14. Oh come on... You've been in my other thread... There's no way you couldn't have seen that as a joke.

15. Wait are you actually a gay Christian?

16. In a very "I'm on acid and am thinking about things way deeper than is practical" kinda way, lol.

I think therefore I am kinda shit. I think I get ya.

17. #18 Verdurous, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
    Well, I'm technically a gay agnostic theist who sympathizes with a lot of Christianity as well as some Buddhist principles without ever fully ascribing to any organized religion because I believe they're all trying to get at essentially the same Truth. :wave:

Think again? :confused: You should have better indicated your sarcasm, I guess. Either way, it's hypocritical and not very funny.

18. I can respect that. I'm not gay but I have spent a lot of years with pretty much that same pursuit of truth.

19. I saw it.

But kenjamin's response wins.