Religious Constitutional Challenge In Canada

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by scouter0, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Chris Bennett, writer of several books about Cannabis being the tree of life, and Cannabis being used as a religious sacrament is in the middle of a constitutional challenge with lawyer/activist Kirk Tousaw. Chris Bennett says he uses Cannabis as his religious sacrament, and because it's illegal, it's infringing on The Charter of Rights and Freedoms (Fundamental Freedom, 2a; freedom of conscious and religion). The verdict of this level of court will be out this week sometime, and if it is denied, Bennett and Tousaw will be appealing and going to the Supreme Court of Canada! Should be interesting to see what happens? What do you guys think?

Religious Cannabis User Awaits Judgment Day in Federal Court Case | Cannabis Culture Magazine

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPoYfpk_i5E&feature=related"]Cannabis and Religious Freedom - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrJ2S_eBvAQ&feature=related"]Cannabis and Religious Freedom - Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

This could potentially lead to the legalization of Cannabis for religious purposes. Who knows though..

Cheers!

2. The Canadian legal system has repeatedly demonstrated that it is open to the idea of decriminalization/legalization. The only problem is that our stupid politicians aren't. This may go somewhere.

3. I may not live in Canada, but I hope they succeed . I wish them the best of luck.

4. That would be awesome if these guys succeed. Super interesting.

5. thx for vids.

in needs to be legal for spiritual AND utilitarian

it PROVIDES

just by growing.

6. That's awesome, and it actually makes sense... But with a conservative majority and the new crime policies they are trying to implement, im not getting my hopes up.

Honestly, fuck any canadian that didnt vote. Im blaming everything on you :D:D

7. [quote name='"kanadiankush"']That's awesome, and it actually makes sense... But with a conservative majority and the new crime policies they are trying to implement, im not getting my hopes up.

Honestly, fuck any canadian that didnt vote. Im blaming everything on you :D:D[/quote]

I agree the new crime bill is stupid as ever. But I did vote and I regret it, I will no longer vote in any elections because every party representative is a liar and corrupt, and they don't implement things for the good of the public. We are just being controlled more and more. Our political system is fucking corrupt, and I will not support it anymore.

8. Just me or does he look like Silent Bob when the lawyer is talking

9. Just so you guys know, they lost in court (at the provincial level I think). They will be appealing and going on to the Supreme Court Of Canada with their case.

10. this is their chance to stand up for Humanity, don't blow it Cannada.

11. This is exactly what I'm thinking. What the fuck are we supposed to do about it, you know? All they have to do is walk the line between being competent and so incompetent that we do something about it. :mad:

12. #12 Deleted member 476945, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    That's ridiculous, how does not voting change anything for the better...? It's much more logical to vote for the people that'll fuck up the least.

13. either voiding your vote by voting for yourself or checking the box that says no one or no vote or whatever is the proper way of not supporting the corrupt system... sitting at home justifying it by saying that you dont support the corrupt government, is ironically SUPPORTING it.

Sitting at home getting baked saying fuck it is allowing the corrupt leaders to essentially win without a fight. Most likely they wouldve won regardless (they ARE corrupt afterall), but as long as you get your voice heard youve done your part. People that dont vote are straight up either lazy or dumb or too egotistical to think its worth their time. No offense, its just the truth.

How many people over the course of history died simply so we could choose one way or another? Even if its the puppet on the left, or puppet on the right, you have an obligation to get your ass out of the house for 5 minutes and go vote.

Honestly one of the main reason Harper won is because he knew the people that would vote against him wouldnt show up to vote at all. Guess what? he was right.

14. RASTAFI BROTHERS. Best of luck to em. Think they(not these specific dudes) tried this in US but failed :( not suprising though long ago we lost true freedom in the US.