Religious Cannabis Use...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ClassicGhostie, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Not religious in the sense "I smoke it every day religiously"...but actually believing it has spiritual/religious use. Shamans used it thousands of years ago to "connect" with the universe.
    I believe that it is the tree of life as spoken in religious texts, the cannabis plants uses are near endless; shelter, food, clothing, medicine, paper....air purifier!
    The religious use is "allowed" under UN and EU law;

Manely for non-EU residents;

Article 18 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights states......

"Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance."

and under EU law;

"Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief, in worship, teaching, practice and observance."
    "Freedom to manifest ones religion or beliefs shall be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others."

[​IMG]

if enough people join and claim it as their religion (there are many cannabis based )...then governments cannot ignore...cannot enforce prohibition...it will be made essentially legal...

2. Would me mentally meditating and reaching the depths of my mind and existence count?

3. of course it does! thats what many people use it for!

for the American's :) :

www.mjlegal.org/religious.html

For UK/EU :) :

www.cannabisassembly.org/

It says in the U.S Constitution, E.U constitution and U.N law...
    spread the word, if enough people claim this as a defence....we will beat the nasty prohibition!

4. This is a very interesting idea. The problem is that there is such an opposition that must be transcended in order to gain any leeway.