Religion?

Discussion in 'General' started by [0[eagjo, Nov 13, 2011.

1. #1 [0[eagjo, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
    Hey guys, I was just thinking about religion since its Sunday and began to think about the religious background of Grasscity. Solmething tells me it is mostly agnostic, but I thought I'd give it a swing. I myself was raised protestant, and converted to Catholicism during middle school along with mother and sister. I was very religious, I even wanted to be a Catholic Priest up until early my senior year. It was the whole shabang, do what pope says, all the rites, all the doctrines; I was really into the whole Catholic thing. Currently things are iffy with me as my sister kinda dropped out if it, but my mother is still very religious. I'm more of a closet "A" word now. Ostracism is a horrible concept.

Edit* I still think religion can play a major role in morality formation. There are a lot of good values in religion such as softer ego, compassion, charity, truth etc. Anybody can still display these characteristics, but religion could still be a guide. I think a major problem though is through displays of such behaviors or ways of thought, you are either more drawn into it or abandon it because it doesn't fulfill some odd hole in your heart. Out on a limb, I can see that hole being the devil tempting you etc. apostasy can be one of the hardest transitions in discovering the meaning of our existence, yet it has to happen. 13 year old boy, 20 something, or middle age, for us prior religious types.

2. #2 Suck My Mind, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
    I was brought up on hoodoo, by my mother, though I've also read up on the voodoo religion. Currently a practicing alchemist in the craft I've also studied heavily in demonology and necromancy. To bad that wasn't on the poll.

(I'm white guy by the way)

3. Humans need to be controlled, hence religion and government. Without the presence of fear, our farmers would not be able to control us.

Religion= Fear
    Government= Control

Just look how much emphasis is being put on Mitt Romney for being Mormon. Then Rick Perry comes out to CLAIM he's on a mission from God to be president.

Nonsense I tell you.

4. Maybe a system that would keep man obedient in a time when law enforcement was scarce? Emphasize that hell thing.

5. Religious naturalist. :smoke: I find it to be a pretty nice system. Wikipedia if you don't know.

6. None. But i think Buddism and Rastafarian are good religions:D

7. Just to add, the majority of American voters are senior citizens that are close to being on their way to the morgue. Hence Bush's Medicare D healthcare plan etc. This older generation seems to be the most superstitious because they think they're going to meet their maker soon. Religion will again be a major influence in the 2012 election.

When will we learn that we are NOT the center of the universe and if there was a God, is it his job to answer our prayers? Wouldn't he or it have better things to do in this infinite universe?

Remember, the earth is only 10,000 years old people... And those fossils, they were put here by the devil to confuse you...

8. Wheres the choice for raptor jesus?

[​IMG]

9. yea i'm more of a believer in science and the vast potential that I think humans have. There could be a god imo, but there's no way to find out for certain. I could put agnostic or I could put "secular humanist" I think.

The latter being just nonreligious but also believing in the potential our species has, look it up, it's interesting.

10. #10 m00zix, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
    I picked, "other," because you have agnosticism/atheism listed as a religion... I'm an agnostic atheist.

To further clarify, agnosticism and atheism are not a belief system.

11. too many people die because of it, in my humble opinion.

12. #13 [0[eagjo, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
    Yes. I think whenever you are presented with an absolute morality its the inevitable end. Fascism, communism, religious extremism. Through death or loss of critical thinking.

13. Eastern. A culture inspired by magic mushrooms growing in cow shit is my kind of culture

14. I am Agnostic/Atheist...Fairy tales are nice for a chuckle, but come on? A big guy that lives in the clouds?:cool:

15. I am a Baptist Missionary (Christian).

16. I believe in a conscious God that is undiscovered, and of a greater race than us.

The universe is far too mysterious to not wonder.

I still live as though I am atheist because I don't acknowledge an undiscovered God. I acknowledge to me what is presented.

17. Pantheist/Taoist

I also believe the ones that have an unnatural hatred for religion to be even more retarded than the people they attack.

18. My religion is, "I couldn't give a fuck less."

19. If there is a god, he is indescribable and nothing like the one depicted in religious literature. And if there isn't a god, youre just gone. The former would be awesome but the latter is more likely.