Religion

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by rawpride, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Did you notice that I addressed my post to Switch in particular? That way, everyone could tell that it was intended for him. No hypocrisy here...:cool:

2. I care to listen. I don't think you went into this with any other post. I don't care much for your arrogance, but I am interested. I know that is taking a jab at you, but I do not mean it in a rude way. I don't think you realize how much of your good message is lost when you act that way. It wouldn't hurt you to be a little more open minded when posting. I think you would see your words carry more weight as well as interest. -- I may not agree with what you have to say on this subject but I truly am all ears...errrr eyes.

I say that I am agnostic because I have the desire to want to believe something or someone created life. What/Who that is, is what is in question. I do appreciate religion on whole, it lowers the chaos factor. For many, godly consequences help enforce non religious law. But to be somewhat contradictory, I do not appreciate the mind fuck of religion or the use of it as an overbearing control mechanism (most specifically veins of christianity). I, personally, do not need religion to keep me living within most governmental/state/city laws. Sorry to offend anyone, but that is really the biggest reason I see a need for religion and the reason it was created - control.

The second and possibly only other reason I see a need for religion is Faith. Faith isn't a bad thing. It can provide an enormous amount of comfort. Misplaced comfort isn't really a negative thing for society. I don't like it when people preach to me because of that faith, but it happens so rarely that it is almost moot. Again I'm very interested to see what Iscariot has to say on the subject.

I take nothing away from GC believers. I am just not one of them.

Constantine was a brilliant bastard, but a total dickhead. What better way to control the masses than combine faiths and give us a history/teaching book to go with it.

3. Using religion as a tool for control is the way of organized religion, which should not be confused with this next part:

using religion as a instrument of Faith, enlightenment and awareness. It's this second use of religion that I'm most comfortable with. It's subjective, dealing with me and how I feel about it. Organized religion has ulterior motives for its existence, none of which deal with me as an individual seeking the Truth. I think I'd much prefer disorganized religion. :cool:

4. I did want to separate my thoughts but totally forgot to do it as I was typing. Thank you for doing it for me.

5. Gods Laws Stand and will Stand 4 ever an ever! Please believe and you will have everlasting life in the kingdom of god. I will be foolish if i dont let you know about the word. I want to meet you all in heaven :) <3