Religion

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by rawpride, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Alot of people talk out of their arse bro. I say stupid stuff all the time. Just be thankful that they're not Disrespecting you. I'd rather someone feed me that line
    rather than saying my beliefs are all bullshit.

2. see though shouse... i used to be religious... it didnt help... all it did for me was say that if im a good little fucking sheep that someday it will all be better... everything gets better... but not because a god willed it that is what i believe.

3. and yes... i did disrespect you... i really just dont have respect for somebody who will go around saying to everybody that their religion is salvation... mainly because every religion can be salvation for somebody different... its no longer truthful and really a waste of time. go ahead and try and count how many different religions there are.

religion is a personal preference and i prefer to not take part in it at all. if you can sit there and show me irrefutable PROOF that your god exists, then halleluiah. and really you should go repent for your sin for not believing. because people got under your skin so bad that you actually needed to argue back. your religion means nothing to you... your putting on an act. pathetic

4. Evil will control your body and mind. This is a perfect example. ^^^
    You are weak! (nods)

5. if you even knew me then evil wouldnt even be a word that was possible to describe me.

and sham... you call me weak... well i dont sit there and give in to what others think
    i call you weak because you are going to live your life according to what has been written in a book. i am not saying that the bible isnt a source of life lessons. it does teach you values. but i do not believe that its something i would put my faith in.

6. I don't think the Bible says that if you believe in God and Know that Christ died for you

and I it'll be any easier in the world. I believe the closer you get to God the more

the devil throws obstacles in your way to make you stumble.

You say you used to be religious and "it didn't help". Ever stopped to think that maybe

the reason it didn't help is you didn't put forth enough effort?? God helps those who

help themselves. He's not gonna serve you everything on a silver platter.

We should be serving Him! Not him serving us.

7. sounds to me if you can help yourself then you dont need his help.

8. your right, evil is pretty harsh. how bout blind, a man in darkness.
    If you want nothing to do with religon, then why are you reading Religon Threads?
    To Mock us? Typical...

9. and your a typical right wing extremist headache you blind bastard.

10. HAHAHAA AH MAN, this is funny. :wave:

11. I would never try to shake your faith in God and Christianity. I have the utmost respect for your views. You're literate, intelligent, thoughtful, confident and you have convictions that you stand behind... all very respectable traits as far as I'm concerned. My only concern in debating this issue with you is that you made a statement that just wasn't true. I respect your faith in the Bible and wouldn't want to change that in the least. You're a good person. I can see that. I'm just the type of person that wants to make sure that whatever anyone believes, they believe it knowing all the pertinent information available to them.

And because of the way you've handled yourself in this thread, I think you're pretty cool. :cool:

12. Okay, then why did you quote the person above you in post #11 of this thread? And then in post #16, you didn't quote anyone, and your post didn't refer to post #15. And then, in post #54, you're answering a question, but who knows what question you're refering to?

Some people, myself included, are following this thread with interest. I just though it would be easier to follow it if everyone knew who was saying what to whom. But that doesn't seem to be a concern of yours, so go ahead, continue with the inconsistencies. I'll train myself to overlook them... along with your views.
    :cool:

13. I was raised Christian. I'm not currently religious. More indifferent at the moment.

I don't bash any religion, if you believe in something and it makes you a better person/happy.. I say go for it.

14. I would venture to say that it's organized religion that keeps people away from 'becoming religious'. I mean, take a look at the negative issues cropping up all the time out of organized religion: kids being 'molested' by priests, Rev. Phelps declaring that "God Hates Fags", embezzlement of church funds, Tom Cruise, etc. Organized religion is creating a lot of bad press for religion in general. And that surely isn't going to get people who are searching for 'Religion' interested.

Spirituality does not automatically imply religion. Spirituality comes from within; religion is a ritual based Belief System that requires disciplined action.

15. Tom Cruise is making quite a buzz I must admit. lol. My wife told me he got his wife a

pacifer to use during birth because if you're stressed while giving birth it's bad or

something to that effect. I was like what!?!? How can you not be stressed while giving

birth!?! Especially Naturally!!!!!!????? My wife had an epidural and she was still

SCREAMIN and gettin mad at me, LOL. . . .ROFL. Now that I look back on it, it's sooo

funny. . .:smoke:

16. me too. FS, I thought you left. I haven't seen you in a while. You are still and will remain my hero. I'm sure I am your disappointment but you rock and I'm sorry for trying to deny you to be true to yourself (by asking you to without your own personal thoughts). I don't want to get into it but I feel pretty guilty for even asking you to restrain yourself. It was wrong. So glad to see you around.

17. Long post- summary at bottom for all those who want something more concise...

On translantion: from the Aramaic- apparently- the original translation was 7 periods of time, 7 ages etc. In the 7th age God rested- hence some people think that perhaps we're in the 7th age. 40 days and 40 nights also comes up a lot (Jonah being in the whale's stomach, Christ's fast etc etc.) really this was supposed to mean a certain non descript long period of time.

On King James. In the 1400s/1500s the fear of witchcraft was rife in England. James was terrified of being cursed, some say, and hence changed the phrase "thou shalt not suffer a prisoner to live" to "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Or so I am told.

Furthermore- yeah the Bible is, in theory, the word of God. But let's examine it for a second... Who perhaps wrote the Book of John, Simon, Luke... Hmmm could it be THE PEOPLE THE BOOKS WERE NAMED AFTER... Fucking fishermen. When was it written? Perhaps AFTER the Ascention....

I think in terms of religion etc there is WAY too much focus on semantics. You should go to church on THESE days, you should not eat meat that's been killed in any way other than this one etc etc etc. What is pushed out of mind is the kernel of the religion- which mostly boils down to "god" is Omnipotent/Omnipresent and all good we're not so good but created by god so have worth. We should do no harm and, in fact, try to do good to others.

Hence my faith (summary):
    1) God/Mother Nature/The Force (for the Jedi on the city-heh) exists as a creator/regulator of things. It doesn't matter what you call it.
    2) Anything else is open to your own interpretation- we can't trust what's right and wrong in the MINUTE sense. Just go with your gut- God gave you instincts didn't he? If you can justify your decisions (note I said JUSTIFY not EXUSE- this DOESN'T mean I think I can give myself license to do whatever I want) then you're probably ok with whatever that thing is you believe in.
    3) There is NO WAY we can understand the thoughts and the will of God or the way that the universe works- it's too big for meer mortals like you or I to comprehend in its entirity. So just sit back, enjoy the ride and try to figure out and do what's REALLY right.

On Religion
    Choose whatever vehicle you want- Christianity, Islam, Hinduism- whatever. If you believe one vehicle suits you best then great. But just remember that if you were born into a family of a different religion then you would end up being that religion and thinking it was the right thing. Do you think god would punish you for that considering it isn't actually your fault?

<b>BTW- Tom Cruise is a Scientologist. I don't have any disrespect for ANY religion... with the exception of Scientology. NUTTERS. Created originally by a SCI FI writer called L. Ron Hubbard. Funnily enough Hubbard is quoted as saying "If a man really wants to make money then he should start his own religion," about ten years before scientology was started... hmmm...

Go here and tell everyone you know about it:
    www.xenu.net

18. Switch... you rock! You have a way with words that makes me a teensy bit envious. Do I know you? :D

19. Aww dude... I thought I'd just gone on a big rant fest but thanks, Tweech.

Do you know me? Hmmm... well... you might... don't think so though...

Cool thought though: ANYONE in your day to day life could be on the city and you MIGHT not know it.... ooooooohhhh....

20. wheres your quote... huh... where i dont see you quoting him... hypocrite.