Religion

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by new buddy, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Well this is Pandora's box, a place for discussion of controversial topics, so I just had a thought. I'm a roman catholic (I don't go to church though) and I just had a thought.

So many "prophets" like Muhammad (Islam's Founder) claimed to have angels speaking to them. Now this got me to thinking. Today when people tell us that they hear voices speaking to them it means their schizophrenic.

take it from there.....

2. I thought of the same thing earlier this week. And also if Jesus is the way to heaven did everyone before him go to hell?

3. #3 Anubis578, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    ---

4. ^^ according to dante the good ones went to the first level or limbo.

and the bad ones. well. you know the story.

edit: about superman's post.

5. i get why ya brought this to the box, but it probably fits better in "spirituality/philosophy"

6. they'd probably flame me pretty nicely there. here everyone seems to be much more open to new ideas

7. <---- Christian, don't go to church as much as I wish I did.

8. very true man. and itll probably get more hits here

and we could use some more legit topics in the box, instead of a bunch of kids continuously violating the rules

9. #9 new buddy, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2010
    your satanist? sorry i don't know what LaVeyan means. google time.

i went to 2 christian high schools. i pretty much hated it and everyone there for the entire time i was in both of the schools. what made you turn atheist? for me it's like I want to believe in God and I'm kind of like in between right now.

edit: ah I see. do you actually practice this religion or do you just have similar morals to it?

10. #10 Anubis578, Jan 10, 2010
    ---

11. so for anyone who hasnt seen this. i believe you need to watch this with an open mind.

please dont try and press your views upon me if you find this offense.

i am christian, but im a self proclaimed agnostic.

this is part 1 of 3. take a little time out and watch it, its really interesting.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNf-P_5u_Hw]YouTube - Zeitgeist [Religion] The Greatest Story Ever Sold (1of 3)[/ame]

12. That is interesting. Although the one part that confuses me is why "Gods" from asian areas and areas in the southern hemisphere seem to have the same beliefs on the same days, while for them december 25 is when the sun is at one of it's highest points in the sky, not the lowest and yet this video claims they still believe in a death and resurrection in the same time period which is based on the low point of the sun.

13. some of the points are a little different, but some of the correlations are pretty stunning IMO anyway. i just found it really interesting.

14. i personaly know the answer to this already but.....what did christ say church is?(hint- it has nothing to do with a building where one man tells everyone how to live and what to do and also has nothing to do with passing a plate)

believing in a god or simply something more then what we are-does not require you to follow any of mans religions at all
    simply follow what you find inside yourself- of coarse you must first look hard in order to discover what is inside you

15. #16 Anubis578, Jan 10, 2010
    ---

16. agnostic.
    i'm sure once i get my hands on dmt it will scare me god-believing.
    or as DMT : The Spirit Molecule wisely states: You can still be an atheist until 0.4 mg of DMT.

~daswasup

17. no way for us here and now ,today to actually know the answer to that question ...at least not untill some of the guys with the time travail threads get that shit figured out!!!!

shit for all we know everyone you mentioned could all be the same entity
    their teachings arnt that different from one another when you break it down
    the biggest differences are found in interpretation
    and you can find as big a difference in interpretation between two religions following the same book/leader/Savior as you can between those following completely different ones

18. #19 Anubis578, Jan 10, 2010
    ---

19. i agree completely
    the only thing different about them is the cultures they come from