Religion

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by punkyworld, May 8, 2003.

?

well.. pick and choose if you need...

1. Christianity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Buddhism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Confucianism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Judaism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Taoism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Paganism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hinduism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Self-Religious/Own Religion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Agnostic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Athiest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. What do you believe?

2. I'm pretty much agonstic. I don't believe in "God", but I do believe in a creator and a higher being.. I grew up in a christian home. Not that devout though..

3. uhhh... helloo? wheres rastafarianism? are you forgetting what kind of forum u on? ;p

i'd have to say my own religion. born out of predominantly aithiest & christian society. incorporating aspects of nearly all religions (bud, tao, rasta, scientology, hindu, sikh, unitarian universalism, wicca, christian, sun worships, etc etc) but also taking much of the "belief system" from scientific sources and the quest for knowledge.

as opposed to having a doctrine of rules, there are only two eddicts of guidance...

there is only one person to this "religion", that one person being the entity known as "Digit" and his various other designations.

we are one.

4. Christian... the Independent, Fundamentle Baptist kind :D

5. Nothing, I don't go for religions or "masterplans" or some divine meanings or such, I'm just happy to be alive and to be able to have emotions.

6. wot bout Islam?

7. i'm a beleiver in the anunaki theory. :D

8. ROCK ON DUDE! lol

:p

9. christian, but i don't go to church. but i do believe in god. i mean, only god could come up with something as great as weed.

10. strictly speaking, neither buddhism, agnotisism or atheism is a religion.

common mistake to make tho'

religion is belief in the supernatural, the above mentioned philosophies are not based upon superstition. fyi

oh, and atheist here.

i was going to type something clever, but i forgot...

11. i am a Muslim and not afraid 2 say it. i Luv my religon i luv the ppl the only thing that pisses me off is all these fuckin extremists and media making us look so bad. i do like to learn about different religions and cults and see what they have to say, i am not someone who just looks at one religion and thinks thats it, if i found a beta religion, 1 which i could understand and relate 2 more then i have no doubt i would change but i see Islam as to wot i can relate 2 most so i am a Muslim not a strict 1 cause if i was then i wouldn't b on here but i do appreciate, respect and understand my holy book the Qu'ran. Allah Hafiz!God Bless all my stoner brothers and sisters, lets live in peace and harmony:)

12. beeing a muslim is just as respectable as beeing a christian or atheist for that matter.

don't take crap from no-one, stand up for what you believe in. but you better be prepared to defend and argument your views...

on a side note, i cannot quite belive all the shit muslims have to take from christians these days. shure some nutcases on the islam side revert to violence, but the christians are not excactly innocent in this aspect either.

13. nor is taoism... is it? maybe i got that wrong.

anyways, if buddhism, agnostisism and aitheism are up there.. so should scientology...

and where was wicca? i cant remember if it was there.

and weedboss... be prepaired for a barage of questions from me. ;) i wanna learn about your religion beyond what little i was taught in school and definately beyond th ecrap we get on the news.

1st question (for now):
    i understand that all other muslims are regarded as family and if anyone harms another muslim its like harming a member of the family etc etc and all that... but what i want to know is... from the point of view of a regular (non extremist) muslim such as yourself, where do the rest of us stand?

14. Thats true Zylark, being a Muslim in the Western world has been a little ruff recently but the media have totally ruined us and no 1 knows that better then the Westernised Muslims dude.

15. 1st off Digit i see ppl 4 not there colour but their personality and how i can relate 2 them in comparssen with the next person. And secondly if i saw a fellow muslim gettin beat by some guys then i would go out n help without a doubt, but i would do that with n e body in trouble like that. i have grown up in a multi-cultural society, so my outlook on Islam is different from the ppl who have been brainwashed by family, preachers and friends in areas like Birmingham, Oldham etc..
    i was brought up in a different kind of muslim family. we were neva strict muslims, but had alot of knowledge on the subject which came from my dad.

16. k, so no doubt about the quality of your character, but does your religion teach that all humans are to be treated as brothers and sisters? or is it more parallel to christianity in the way that if you dont share the beliefs you're banished to hell?

17. so i could be breathing god? wow!

18. ]

In our religion everyone should be treated equally, so in that sense we are all brother and sisters as we are all 1 type of being and we should b treated in the same manor as the other.

19. So Digit, wot do u think about Islam? cause im intrested in your views on it, and all the contervorsy wid Muslims in the middle of it recently.