Religion that believes God cannot be defined?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by PuFyy, May 31, 2012.

1. I know there is one, help

2. I'm pretty sure the majority of religions say God is far beyond our level of comprehension.

The very being of eternity is one that is really beyond mans ability to define. We can pretend to understand eternity, but no mortal could ever possible be able to fully wrap their head around it.

3. I mean so unable to be defined that it cannot be put into religion, so not a religion really haha

4. Well I guess you just answered your own question then huh? lol :p

5. Well im guessing im looking for a term then

6. close to deism kind of. pantheism, panentheism, deism.

kinda close.

agnostic sort of.

7. I believe God is infinity the driving.force of the universe.

However I also believe that infinite wisdom's means no active consious or will.

God has no desire or plan. So I just call God the universe. There is no reason to personify or worship. Just give life its due respect.

8. Read the Tao Te Ching

If there is one scripture that blatantly says God is incomprehensible, it is that one.

9. This.

"The Tao that can be known is not the eternal Tao."

10. Agreed on the Taoism. That's what you're looking for op.

11. Tao is an eternal mystery,
    and everything starts with Tao.
    Everybody has Tao in them.
    They just have to use it.

You can't see Tao,
    no matter how hard you look.
    You can't hear Tao,
    no matter how hard you listen.
    You can't hold on to Tao,
    no matter how hard you grab.
    But it's there.
    It's in you, and it's all around you.
    Remember that.

I'm reading this now actually. So I figure I'd post some from the book.

12. [quote name='"yurigadaisukida"']I believe God is infinity the driving.force of the universe.

However I also believe that infinite wisdom's means no active consious or will.

God has no desire or plan. So I just call God the universe. There is no reason to personify or worship. Just give life its due respect.[/quote]

Why were u arguing and calling believing in God dumb if you yourself believe in God? Just wondering

13. [quote name='"Twistedd"']Tao is an eternal mystery,
    and everything starts with Tao.
    Everybody has Tao in them.
    They just have to use it.

You can't see Tao,
    no matter how hard you look.
    You can't hear Tao,
    no matter how hard you listen.
    You can't hold on to Tao,
    no matter how hard you grab.
    But it's there.
    It's in you, and it's all around you.
    Remember that.

I'm reading this now actually. So I figure I'd post some from the book.[/quote]

Is Tao another word for God?

14. in a sense....

it means "way"

kind of an energy, transcendental energy way type thing.

not a conscious and judging anthropomorphic deity

15. [quote name='"dankydankk"']

Why were u arguing and calling believing in God dumb if you yourself believe in God? Just wondering[/quote]

I don't believe in God. Reread my post.

An infinite eternal energy (the creative force of the universe) has no will or desire

There is no reason to call it God or worship it.

Also this is the third time you've attacked me with a straw man falacy. I never called believing in God "dumb" I called it irrational. That's what it is by definition.

16. [quote name='"yurigadaisukida"']

An infinite eternal energy (the creative force of the universe) has no will or desire

Also this is the third time you've attacked me with a straw man falacy. I never called believing in God "dumb" I called it irrational. That's what it is by definition.[/quote]

You said you believe in God as the driving force but that his will/desires is separate so you just call it the universe. In every one of my post I said how God was separate and science ruled and compared God to energy, but you called my belief irrational and pointless (I thought you specifically called it dumb, but I can't find our old post so w.e.) due to it being speculation.

And I wasn't attacking you dude,

I said I'm just wondering.

Just like to know others point of view, im pretty sure I have never criticized or even asked what you believe in for that matter, mybad

17. [quote name='"yurigadaisukida"']

Also this is the third time you've attacked me with a straw man falacy. I never called believing in God "dumb" I called it irrational. That's what it is by definition.[/quote]

Here's that post

[quote name='"yurigadaisukida"']

Your missing the point. We know we evolved from single.cells because we can see it. We know about the big bang because we can see it.

We don't know what caused life to form or what caused the big bang because we can't see it.

Religion is basically making something up and saying its true. There is no more reason to believe in God then there is to believe in everything from nothing.

Speculating that a higher power is one thing. But writing an entire Bible and devoting ones life is just stupid. Literally. People speculated that a magic man in the sky might have made everything. Then devoted their lives to magic hypothetical man.

Thank Darwin our legal system that puts people in jail relies on evidence and not faith in made up shit[/quote]

You did use stupid but you referring to fundamentalist, which I agree arent exactly the brightest people

18. [quote name='"dankydankk"']

Here's that post

You did use stupid but you referring to fundamentalist, which I agree arent exactly the brightest people[/quote]

Your right my bad.

Also when I said "I believe God is.."

I didn't literally mean I believe in God. I meant what you call God I call universe. The term God is used to personify the unknown and that's why its not sound logic. The creation of the universe was not the work of a human

19. [quote name='"yurigadaisukida"']

Your right my bad.

Also when I said "I believe God is.."

I didn't literally mean I believe in God. I meant what you call God I call universe. The term God is used to personify the unknown and that's why its not sound logic. The creation of the universe was not the work of a human[/quote]

True, I kinda bypassed the is part in that sense, don't know why,