Religion of TheJourney

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by TheJourney, May 23, 2011.

1. I don't think you're forcing it down any throats, I just think you're silly for pegging people who don't think you're above them enough to teach them, as "not open enough" for this supposed brilliance you're only willing to share with those you completely subjectively decide are open enough for you. It comes off a little conceited.

2. Everyone is a teacher to everyone.

3. We're all teachers, and students. We each have something to give, we all need to recieve. A wise man will hear and increase learning, a man of understanding attains to wise counsels. A wise man will hear rebuke and be glad, and he will all though more wiser. A fool, hates rebuke, and his folly overflows.

4. Silly for pegging people who don't think you're above them, as in he calls out someone who is assuming he's coming off as superior? Makes sense, he's clearing up his side of the discussion

I'd go to say you should be open, though. Just don't lose your sanity, that's the hard part.

5. Heh, a complete open mind, means your brain falls out sooner or later. But if you manage to maintain a balance, Sagacity or genius. It's a wonderful feeling, to have a perfect understanding of things.

6. I think I should meditate more. My mind seems like it likes to run off about on its own, and I often times catch myself chasing it. My satori was an experience to say the least because I was attached to my identity, and idk if I am or aren't anymore or how to even not be

7. I rarely meditate anymore...it's awesome whenever I do, though. I'd like to more.

8. I never really meditated in my life, well maybe when Im stoned, but thats because im zoned, I like to fuck around with herbal medicines, like teas and such. Spearmint and peppermint, I found, when made into a tea with the leaves, can help with expanding your comprehension and creativity. Cinnamon, lowers your spiritual energy, I believe, and makes you more logical because it slows your mind a little bit down, I found that if your spiritual energy is high, you become more creative. And the more creativity, the less control you have. But the feeling of freedom resides in emotions, the right hemisphere. But these are all theories, it could possibly work as placebos, meh, idk. Tobacco, straightens me out, it makes me feel, united, I guess thats why native americans called it the peace pipe, it solves confusion in some people. Theories, theories, theories....

9. it has been said already.....anyone can be a teacher.... one can learn from the most foolish of men....

and simple truth is anyone who doesnt want to learn -cant be taught.....
    nothing self exalting about saying dont wast your time with those who dont want to be taught.....
    and no place did i see anything about "him" being the teacher?
    sounds alot more like all of us teaching each other as we go to me.....;):smoke:

fucking truth!^;):smoke:

10. Care to share a recipe of how you make your mint tea with leaves? Where do you think I could purchase said leaves from?

11. The Journey is Life advances into its own purpose, the experience of its own existence. And, you make what you will of it and it makes you.

12. I bought spearmint leaves from a supermarket. You can buy seeds from wherever you think, and grow it, it'll be alot more potent and flavorful this way.

When you have the leaves.

Get a saucepan, pour as much water into it as you want, bring the water to a boil, take a pinch of the leaves, toss it into there, boil it for 3 minutes straight. Then turn off the stove. Let it cool, until the leaves are at the bottom of the pan. Then pour it into a mug, add sugar if you like, (i dont recommend it, but if thats your thing.) And voila, done! You can strain the leaves out if you like,

13. #93 TheJourney, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
    I would like to explain a bit more about our nature, and the nature of reality.

Our nature is, essentially, emptiness. This is also the nature of reality, although it manifests as apparent fullness. We are, in truth, the silent awareness, the unlimited potential that is consciousness, that comes before it all. When we attach to thoughts, we project those thoughts onto the world. When we are in touch with our pure, all-pervading consciousness, we can simply observe all things, and see how it all stems from our essential nature. Be still. Observe. What is there? Whatever appears in your perceptions or consciousness is a reflection of your empty nature. It appears from, apparently, "outside of" you, yet through silent awareness, without attachment, you become immersed with it. It is impossible to find a "beginning point" in a linear sense to this process, but for the sake of understanding we'll say it "begins" with you. Be the observer. What you will observe, in reality, will be a reflection of your nature. Yet it will appear to be outside of you. Then, upon observing that which appears to be "outside" of you, you become immersed in it, and, as reality is reflected by you, you are now reflecting reality. This will cause reality to proceed to reflect you, upon which you will reflect it, etc. unto infinity.

14. By the way, I just meditated, which I haven't been doing much for a while. Whenever I do it, though, it's so...amazing. This one was incredible, purely for the way it has made me feel. I believe it helped to connect me even more to the silent awareness, and become more immersed in it, which I believe will help me embody it even more in my day to day life, if I remain aware. I think this may be the meditation that convinced me that I really should start meditating again...

15. Meditation is your journey my friend. It will show you the way.

16. I have to admit, I've discussed these very views in my religious debates among buds. I follow no set religion per se, but attend a catholic church, most friends I have are wiccan or atheist or whathave you. And im an non denom Minister.

We didn't name our enlightenment or nothing, but reading this...im gonna start telling people im On the Journey when asked what I follow.

Now I actually can't wait until the witnesses come by my apartment.
    Im gonna try and convert one to the journey. Lol

17. Enjoy your journey bud! It really is an amazing experience! :smoke:

18. #98 dirtydingusus, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
    fuck you-long read....;):smoke:
    but it worth it....and some of you likly already know every word...
    i learned more from the radio when i was young then i ever did in church

19. I'll repost posts or threads I make that are of particular interest to The Journey on here.

In regards to perception, let's start out with a more obvious, extreme example. The Sun. When you look up at the sky, and see the Sun, you are not seeing the Sun as it presently is. It requires time for the light which creates our perception of the Sun to reach us, and thus we are seeing the Sun as it was at the time of that light's origination, in the past. We can all agree on this, but let's take it further. Look at the wall in your room. There is distance between you and the wall. Therefore, it takes time for the light which causes your perception of it to reach you. Of course, not as much time as the Sun's light, but still time. This is the case with all perception. Your perceptions are merely your interpretation of waves which originated in the past, and you observing them as if they are the reality of the present moment. Yet in real truth, it is merely your mind's present interpretation of waves that originated in the past.

The same can be said of your thoughts. They are just your mind's interpretation of past events, or of future possibilities. You can never TRULY think about the present moment. You can only LIVE the present moment. If you decide to try to think about "the present moment," the very instant your thought begins to formulate, it is already in the past. Therefore, your thought which you consider to be of the present moment, is merely the present representation of a thought of the past. Or you can hypothesize about the future. So, as I said, thoughts are inherently of the past or the future. You can only LIVE the present moment, BE the present moment.

Let's think of this in terms of Karma, or Law of Attraction, as well as much spiritual talk. What manifests in your reality? That which you attract into your reality through the outflow of your consciousness. If you are still attaching to thoughts and things, then what you will experience will be the results of those thoughts or things, which are of the past. Thus, those who are bound by Karma through their attachment, are receiving the results of Karma, or the past. Free yourself of attachment, unbind yourself of Karma, and then you can live in the PRESENT. The more you can do this, what manifests in your reality? Your PRESENT mindset, or state of consciousness. This is why you experience more synchronicity, or seem to have more control over your reality. It is not that you are gaining anything new, but rather that your attachments previously made it more difficult for you to notice it, as it was not of the present. Now you are living in the PRESENT moment, and you can notice these things.

20. I love how you keep the religion/science bs out. Good work, also.