Religion of TheJourney

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by TheJourney, May 23, 2011.

1. Without them we are still two seperate indaviduals. We are human even with these names.

2. K, I'll briefly explain the objective/subjective "dilemma."

First of all, we can OBJECTIVELY say that subjectivity exists. We can SUBJECTIVELY say that objectivity exists.

Our subjective perceptions are REFLECTIONS of the objective nature. The objective nature is a REFLECTION of the subjective perceptions. So, what we perceive to be nature, the universe, reality, objective truth, is a reflection of our own subjective views. What we consider to be our subjective views, are the reflection of the objective truth.

3. Yes. And we are nature. But without these labels, we just are. One existence.

4. I'd argue that we are even with labels and definitions. But we'll agree to disagree?

So the subjective then is a distorted view of the objective?
    Or the objective a possibly distorted view of the subjective?

5. #45 KirbyPuckett, May 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
    That is fine. Thanks for listening.

edit: Yes we are equal with these labels/definitions, but without them we still "exist" IMO. In the same life with no labels, we just are. Natural. In a life of labels, we are subjects. separate.

6. You want to bet?

If it were possible to go back and see all the experiences that have helped make a person who they are, you might feel a lot more compassionate towards those whom society prefers to judge as bad and dispose of.

7. #47 KirbyPuckett, May 23, 2011
    Heres a song to set the mood: :D (read lyrics for full effect with the artwork)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHDSaSyBrTI[/ame]

8. Bad choices lead to more bad choices.
    I don't see these people as victims of life, I see them as they are.

9. Yet all their choices come from patterns of learned behaviour that have been reinforced by each choice that went before them. If we were able to see those moments in one's past where behaviour, attitude, etc, really originate from, we would think differently about where responsibility lies.

I'm not saying that people who act in this way should be excused for what they do, merely pointing out that it's far too easy to judge someone when you cannot know how they come to be who they are.

Some people suffer terribly while growing up with all manner of abuse and lack of love surrounding them. They are turned into something they did not have to be. We are not aware of all the factors involved in making us who we are, we only know who we are. For those who lack the things we don't, they don't always understand why they behave the way they do. They just do.

10. #50 KirbyPuckett, May 23, 2011
    And another: (sorry, the music just means a lot to me on this subject. Again, please read lyrics for full effect with artwork)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ThYVnzBnHk[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awYc9xvqnv0]YouTube - ‪Lateralus lyrics - Tool - Lateralus‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LnKQ9gmJFA]YouTube - ‪Tool-The Patient (with lyrics)‬‏[/ame]

All from the album lateralus by Tool. Spiral out ALL! Keep going! WARNING:These videos require marijuana to fully enjoy. :D

11. not acting out of love and compassion=bad choice, that will lead to more bad choices

12. This is a rather odd, and possibly distorted, way of viewing it.

Subjective perception is the nature of objective truth.
    Objective truth is the nature of subjective perception.

13. #53 TheJourney, May 23, 2011
    I deem humorous sarcasm to be a highly effective tool in casting out darkness, in favor of the Truth of TheJourney.

Ridiculousness is combatted best with sarcasm. NOT VIEWS that you consider to be ridiculous, really, but rather RIDICULOUS negativity, and hate. Sarcasm is a powerful tool for those who are trying their hardest to fight against The Journey, something which is, in truth, impossible.

Love is the most powerful tool. When someone is diametrically opposed to love, however, sarcasm is a great tool. This sarcasm, itself, comes from a place of love.

14. you will get a more in depth response-this one is just subing in-;):smoke:

for years i joked about starting the "church of lew"
    one with many similar ideals to your own.....(of coarse)
    the number one rule at church of lew......dont follow lew!!!!!!!!

follow what you find inside!

the subject of prayer....;):smoke:
    i love to ask the zealots how they pray....
    the question in its self tends to make them studder....
    and i only ever get one of two responses from them....

ither they dont know at all how to answer...and have to be led....
    or they give a standard scripted answer with the "lords prayer"

"especially the Jehovahs...."

then after their answer.....
    i ask them.....
    why must your communication with that which is greater then you be so defined? so limited?
    why would you not allow your every day -waking- walking -living thoughts -all be your prayers....

i ask them questions about the book they claim to follow....and they never know anything but what the guy in front of the room told them.....

15. #55 TheJourney, May 23, 2011
    Posting music is a good idea. I'll use this thread to post music I consider to be inspired by Truth, as well as post some of my poetry and lyrics

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLqHDhF-O28]YouTube - ‪30 Seconds To Mars - Closer To The Edge‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RXvh4jeiaU]YouTube - ‪The Best Songs ever 2 - The Smashing Pumpkins-Tonight Tonigh‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYpF2pCkLI]YouTube - ‪Young the Giant - "My Body" (Official Video)‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5GYOsKLp6o]YouTube - ‪Middle Class Rut - New Low (Official Video)‬‏[/ame]

This should get ya started...:D

16. this one i post alot!!!!!
    the way i read it...it is one stoner metal bands idea of what the Nazarene was trying to tell the people....Mine Are The Eyes Of God

17. ps: pass the bowl....not the plate......:smoke:

another lost misrepresented concept....

the idea of giving a part of what you have/earn/produce.....

this idea was never meant to put money in a plate so the man at the front of the room can use it to line his pockets....

it was never meant for him at all....

the idea was to give of what you have to help those round you....not to give it to the church!

the church distorted this idea to make themselves into a money making operation.....
    the baptists are the worst....

hell some baptist churches i have visited...would pass the fucking plate 3 or 4 times during a service!!!!!!!!!
    what do you think they are worshiping.....
    first baptist church of money........

18. Just keep talking, and that can be you religion.

19. #59 dirtydingusus, May 23, 2011
    my favorite part.....
    is that even the Jesus guy told them religion is the problem......;):smoke:

i would really like to hear what you would put into a "religion" if you were to consider coming up with one....

what real ideas would you be willing to say you believe?
    (we can all come up with sillyness that mocks the obvious flaws in what the churches teach...)

people and there "churches and religions" have made more of a mess of peoples lives then they have ever helped....on the grand scale...
    there are individual lives who believe religion has done so much for them.....
    most of them ...are just lost fools...doing as they are told....

i cannot buy into that shit...it is ridiculous....
    they took me to so many "churches" when i was a kid.....
    i did learn from it tho....i learned exactly how fucked up some of those people really are.....
    i saw clearly that they had no idea what the hell they were really talking about.....

but i also saw simple truths hidden in the shit they spewed....truths they didnt even see themselves....
    most of the time they are doing the fucking opposite of that the shit they claim to follow even tells them!

so seriously Dryice.....
    what do you believe?

20. #60 Dryice, May 23, 2011
    George Washington said the government is the problem... look who's listening? :p

I could call myself like a billion things to describe my belief and maybe at an attempt to humor you I will... I am a Secular Humanist, Agnostic Atheist, Absurdist, and Pragmatist. :D If you want me to explain those points just ask.