Religion of TheJourney

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by TheJourney, May 23, 2011.

1. The world is your church

2. Labels create ego. Without these labels, we are one.

3. Exactly what I was implying. :smoke:

We ARE the church, since we are all the same energy.

4. But the church separates you from non-church, you see? We do not want separation. We ARE energy though yes. That I agree with for sure! :)

5. You seem to be treating this as an objective truth. If subjectivity is at all valid it also has to apply to itself. In saying we don't know the truth we don't whether we know the truth. Subjectivity leaves room for objectivity or it's invalid.

Respect is earned.

All? That's a tall order with all the murderers and rapists in the world.

6. Objective is nature. Our minds/bodies are subjective

Yes, but imagine if it were possible. True heaven...

7. There's people who'd disagree that nature is objective (including journey i'd assume).

How would it change? People aren't rapists or murderers for a lack of love.

8. i can dig it :)

9. Yea I agree, but what is your belief?

Acceptance is the key to happiness. Accept that labels are definitions. Without these labels, we are one nature (or universe).

10. I'm unsure on the subjectivity ot nature. But that's because I think of subjectivity as subjective rather than objective (a paradox).

I disagree, labels and definitions are contrived yes, but what they define is not.

11. Objective exists with or without the subject. This is nature.

You define labels. (maybe indirectly by a dictionary), but YOU choose what something defines in reality. This creates your ego. If you can imagine your mind free of labels, we are all just one universe. Nature.

12. I was gonna try to explain subjectivity/objectivity, self/nature, to gedio, then I saw my thread has 1 star, and I can only assume it was gedio that gave it that 1 star, and thus, as I already figured, he is not open.

Those who are not open are not worth the time and effort required to teach.

13. If the objective is objective then the subjective is simply a mistaken view.
    The objective can be subjective. Take photons for example.

We choose which words to attach to concepts that already exist. Regardless of the definitions we attach they will remain the same thing. Ego is what seperates you from me, I don't want a world without this ego.

14. Everyone is worth it. Teaching is only labels. We are one.

15. I didn't even know you could rate threads.
    Talk about ego ;)

Edit - found it, have 5 stars to satisfy your need for recognition.

16. This is, of course, true. Yet you can clearly see, on this forum alone, that some people ARE NOT open, and there is NOTHING you can do to change their perspective, through directly explaining things to them. They already have their minds made up. To them, you are already wrong.

Of course this is not to say anything negative about such people, or to imply that they are enemies or anything of the sort. Rather, one must show themselves to be open to growth, in order to be able to be assisted in that growth.

17. #37 KirbyPuckett, May 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
    Yes exactly. This separation creates our ego, but nature is what creates these egos. Nature = objective. We are all objective, separated by ego (definitions (even if they are mostly the same, we can define things separately by subjective)) The only definitions we agree on automatically, is what is natural (objective).

18. When they are ready, they will ask. If they ask, I answer with my opinion.

19. Are we seperated by definitions though? If we say that nature is objective then not defining the objective concepts we are presented with will not change the concept itself, we will still be devided.

Perhaps we are talking about a different definition of the word definition?

20. Well you are bob, I am Bill. These definitions separate us. Without them we are human. Natural. One.