Religion in 2019

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by LoneGardener, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Btw I dont know if that is how that went down, but it is a possibility that makes sense. Maybe baptism is more than just symbolic? Many people who have Near Death Experiences no longer fear death, if they figured out how to induce NDE , they can raise an army of fearless warriors for Good.

Flip the damn money changers tables, fear not!

2. Simply human things that trap many including Christians. Failure, the unknown, loss, etc. Fear is not always a detriment, is it?

3. I wasn't necessarily asking you to answer to me, just things to ponder for yourself.

• Like Like x 1

4. How is it not different? They’re only similar in the fact that you believe both of them are stories passed down to quell wrongdoing. Religion is a lifelong belief; Santa Claus is something most people past the age of 11 understand is not authentic.

Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are traditional entities. Putting them side to side with religion in comparison is almost laughable! One is a measly bedtime story and the other isn’t disproven nor proven. No offense, you can’t hear tone in text, but the way that was written sounded super judgmental and bitchy. Sounded like a fucking Millennial.

What if God was real? What if these folks weren’t “brainwashed” and “crazy”? What if they were? Don’t be an asshole man. Who gives a shit! To each their own.

Nothing bugs me more than when people on the Internet sit and bash people’s religious beliefs and make fun of them, treating them like subordinates. Grow up, Pal.

6. seemed to touch a nerve with ya PAL, buddy, friend of mine

you must be a good christian then

thanks for your opinion

7. I find it laughable that people cant see the difference.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. "What if" they could? "What if" up was down and black was white? Shyt, I forgot what I was going to say next.

Lotta whatifs in the mix. I can't even get a good handle on that whatis'.

9. The thing is that most ancient cultures have witnessed flying objects they call Gods. So are you trying to say every ancient culture was just lying and trying to fool everyone? Would you want to fool your son or grandson and so on? come on now.

10. I am a Buddhist but I believe Christianity has merit. I just think the Bible needs to be updated to current scientific theories. Peace.