Religion has to get the f#ck out of here!!!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by davros of skaro, Apr 5, 2013.

1. I would point you to a Youtube vid,but I know you would not watch it.

Did the class teach you the persecution of the astronomers of old? i.e. Capurnicus,Gaileo etc.

2. Well I am heading out the door.

A wise man listens.

A fool runs there mouth.......

3. Nope, it taught about a little about the life of Jesus and then the development of Christianity into a religion.

4. And was there anything supernatural about jesus at all?

5. Your questions kinda unclear. The gospels of course had some supernatural stories, some in which he made birds out of mud, or killed a child, but we looked at those as myths and focused more on authors, leaders, influences, and some on persecution of early Christians. Early Christians were way more tolerable than Christians now. They often stayed hidden, met at night in secrecy, etc. Also spent time on the canon list (if that's what it's called) that was chosen to be in the bible.

6. Im not gunna bitch about how long the post is or how crazy it all looks. I watched a few videos already. Not all of them are convincing but I definitely will look into a few of these topics.

Makes me think about all this stuff and some of it does make sense. Never really been a fan of religion even as a kid. Just seemed too fake.

7. #87 Mill, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
    Im not entirely sure what you mean. I believe it wasnt a reference to that or metaphorically close to it. However I might have missed the idea behind the story.
    I see they built a dome to reach the heavens and they were all united, and then God divided them?

What I meant was that all the religions conflict and people are too immature to coexist harmoniously.

EDIT: Keep in mind religion and spirituality are two separate entities sometimes existing in duality. You can be spiritual without being religious. I think spirituality is important and each person does find it their own way but each of us can learn from one another and live in harmony if we set aside the few, irrelevant traditions we have.

8. OP, u put the Christian argument forward, but refrained from research on the Islamic side.
    Read up on that and tell me what you think.
    Since you like reading.

9. right.....

10. I'm sorry that you spent so much time on that post, OP

11. someone should give that kid with glasses and blonde hair a beatdown , hopefully jesus saves him

12. Religion is a beautiful thing and I hope it never goes away. Don't blame religion, blame the people that destroying it's original meaning/intent/purpose etc etc.

13. thats cute, someone takes a collage class and suddenly their smarter then geniuses that say "there is no god"

alright their Stephan baldwin pack it in

14. Maybe if you went to college you could spell "college" and know the difference between then and than.

Oh, and I'm also atheist.

15. oh , and im so impressed , i didn't put the little thing on im wanna correct me ?

16. Nah, not really worth my time. Try and get an education and a hobby outside of internet forums.

17. yall needto chillax ^ were's the love? that the prob with people today. not enuff love shown. i know its totally irrelavant to this thread but im drinkin and thats how i feel.

18. Like I said "A class of lies".

19. [quote name='"Elitist"']Religion is a beautiful thing and I hope it never goes away. Don't blame religion, blame the people that destroying it's original meaning/intent/purpose etc etc.[/quote]

Boom.

20. From memory of my early research the mud thing,and the death of the child was just stuff tossed around to satisfy those early on looking for Jesus stories,and never was official canon.

I read the secret meetings thing,and I see masonic parallels of secret societies in guise of persecution.