Religion and pot

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ohyeahsonn, Nov 12, 2008.

1. How do you feel about the two?
    i personally am Christian and dont understand why many feel marijuana is so bad. I have never seen this in the bible referenced at all, nor have i heard of it being a problem mentioned in any other religions doctrines.

so how do you guys feel about the two together or however?

2. dont see any connection at all
    they dont refrence eachother i don't believe
    im a christian and it does not affect my faith in the least bit

3. I'm not religious, but if God made the world, and weed is in the world, then God made weed. And since God is suposedly "perfect", then weed is not a mistake, t's a good thing.

4. im athiest, but officially protestant. I don't think it's an official rule, but they definately discourage it.

5. couldnt it technically be considered bringing a toxin into the "holy temple".

since harm on your body is unholy.

wouldnt intentionally inhaling smoke be considered a sin?

but all sins are forgivable.

so there is a loop-hole to every argument when it comes to religion.

thats why organized religion fails in my opinion.

6. well i thought it was a sin.. but smoking cigarettes arent a sin (at least thats what every preacher i ever heard says)
    so i guess the only sin out of it is that its against society?

7. I don't think they should be mutually exclusive.
    If you're already tapped into a higher power, then why would it be frowned upon to smoke a little herb in order to feel even more connected to your world and your god?
    It's already been said in this thread but if god made the world and everything in it, then god made weed intentionally. Because if you're all knowing and all encompassing, you'd know that it would have this effect on humans.
    And because of how easily cultivated and beneficial the plant is, I'd say god wants us to get high :)

Not religious myself (not in any traditional sense at least) but any spiritual experiences or feelings I happen to have are greatly enhanced by smoking grass.

8. Im a christian and smoking weed doesn't affect me at all.