Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Relief for Joint Pain & Rheumatoid Arthritis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by hibodharma, Nov 8, 2016.

1. note: both my father & I have medical marijuana cards- two quick q's

My father has bad rheumatoid arthritis, mostly in the knees and it hampers his job working as a ski guide in the mountains.
    1) He doesn't want to smoke, so does anyone know some relief he can get? I've heard there are rub on topical gels for pain relief and some work for arthritis.

2) are there any good hybrid strains for joint pain? I frequently dislocate my shoulders & they're painful all day everyday. Cheers!

2. Try finding a good salve with high CBD but some THC in it as well. This should bring down his inflammation. With what works for joint pain, I'm a big believer in smelling the buds. I know a lot of cancer patients take Northern Lights for the pain so you can give that a try but I say, if you have access to a dispensary, take the time to smell the jars of bud and let your body decide.

3. That might be hard, they all smell good to me ; )

• Like Like x 1
  4. Salve works good for arthritis. I use olive oil and beeswax and at the end of mixing I add clove oil. It warms which really helps and clove is a natural pain reliever. Peppermint oil cools. I also add comfrey to it as it also reduces inflammation and encourages healing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #6 EvelynMoor, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
    Hello, As the doctor says that hydrotherapy is one of the treatments for illness and injury. That's why last month my friend had installed a walk-in bathtub for his mother because his mother was also dealing with arthritis. He got into contact with the professionals of a the professional listen to all his concerns and had installed a walk-in bathtub in his bathroom with extra features of hydrotherapy jet, because hydrotherapy jets brought relief from the muscle rigidity, and aches from rheumatism and arthritis. So, I think, should also install a walk-in tub in your bathroom it provides effective results for the health issues that your father is suffering from arthritis.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi! THCA works best for those types of inflammation in my experience, topically and/or as an edible. It's also completely non-psychoactive.

My friend makes an infused coconut oil you can get in CA called Soothing Sue's. I'm a HUGE groupie for it, and use it everyday for all kinds of things!

If you're not in CA, I'm not familiar with other company's products, but you can make your own need be, pretty easily.