Reliable site that lists medical use doctors in Florida.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Hugs And Spit, Aug 7, 2018.

1. I'm using this site to look for doctor's in the Orlando area that prescribe.
    FL DOH MQA Search Portal | Home Page

It seems like it would be reliable but I can't find a single neurologist in the Orlando area is licensed to prescribe. My husband's issue is neurological and his dr. said there are plenty of doctors in the area that do and if he goes to one she would also recommend it to the other doctor for his condition.

Does that mean he can go to any doctor that prescribes or does he need to find another neurologist? And is there a better site to use than the one I'm using? I've looked at several others with poorer results.

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post, but whatever. :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ok, maybe I'm over thinking this lol. I looked at the link and it lists this as a place to go.

https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/me...rlando/doctorsrx-medical-centers_2195#reviews

But when I read that, I feel like it's just a "pain clinic" for marijuana or somehow not as good as going to a doctor that is knowledgeable in the field you need it for in the first place.

Is that me just being naive and does this place seem like a normal place to go?

And thank you! btw. I appreciate it :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I guess it would depend on your hubbies doc. Did she say he needs another neurologist or just another doctor?

4. She didn't actually say, which I might just need him to ask her and stop looking up this stuff lol. She is a neurologist but can't prescribe. She said it would be good for reducing his stress and anxiety. She would like him to continue the anti-seizure meds but since his seizures seemed only to be brought on by lack of sleep and stress, she thinks it would be better for him than other drugs.

I was thinking he might also be able to see a psychiatrist since it's stress related.

lol, now I feel like I've wasted your time and he just needs to ask her these questions. It just seems like when he goes in he forgets all the important details and things to ask.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. You haven't wasted my time, I'm always available to help when and where I can. Maybe you can go in with him next time with the questions written out for her? Or, if you can't go, have him bring in the questions?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hi, I was just wondering if you had any luck?
    I just went to my weedmaps app. Searched doctors in Florida.
    There's like 150 in your state.
    Check out their app. Weedmaps.com
    App is available on Google playstore.

7. Also, you will not find a doctor that is licensed to prescribe cannabis anywhere in this country.
    Cannabis is a schedule 1 drug making it federally illegal.
    Doctors cant prescribe it. Doctors can only write a medical recommendation stating that a patient could potentially benefit from the use of cannabis to treat his or her ailments.

8. Thanks for responding! Yeah I was able to find one for my husband. We have a ton of the medical marijuana clinics here but I was under the impression those weren't the real deal...but I was wrong. They actually help you fill out the paperwork to get the card etc. and they are actually willing to work with his neurologist, so he doesn't have to wait the 3 months since he's been with his neurologist for longer than that.

Thanks again!

9. Really glad you guys got the help you needed.