Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Relatively severe stomach problems after smoking weed? Help please.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ilovedoggys25, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Hello guys so here is my 2-3 year long issue and I really need some help/advice.

I used to smoke and drink a lot (every day with the smoking). After about 1 year of smoking every day (2-3 times a day) I started waking up in the morning with stomach problems (nausea and vomiting severely if i drank that night - alcohol). Eventually I just gave up drinking because it got to the point where even if I had 1-2 beers I would need to throw up (because of the smoking - even if i didn't smoke that day).

So eventually the upper stomach pains got so bad from smoking (2-3 times a day) I had to give it up because the morning nausea/pain was just not worth it. Although eating food before and after smoking helped the situation, it eventually just got way to serious. After a month of not smoking the morning pains started to go away, and after 2 months I could even start drinking again without being SUPER nauseous in the morning. Took around 3 for my stool (pasty stool) to start looking the same again and 6 months for nearly ALL stomach symptoms to go away.

Long story short, I started smoking a lot again and the same process happened/is happening all over again. Took about 2 weeks of smoking (after the 6 month break) for me to start feeling the pains happening again (morning nausea/the NEED to eat food or my stomach till hurt). 1-2 Months for my stool to start looking nasty (poorly digested food and pasty stool). And by month 3-4, I can literally feel sharp upper stomach pains right after I take a bong load and need to rush for water and or food, and very bad pains at around 6-7am every morning. I'm even starting to get bad heartburn, reflux, super loud stomach noises in the morning etc.

I know what's gunna happen if I continue smoking (worse and worse and worse, until it takes over 6 months to fully recover) so I stopped for a week now, and the morning nausea/noises/pains are immediately getting better (but not even close to normal).

My questions for you is this: Does anyone have a remedy to allow me to continue smoking? AND: Does anyone else (besides my biological brother) have these problems as well?

Thanks in advance, i've read about cannabis hyper...wtv... and I cant really relate to the hot showers thing but alot of the other stuff seems relatively spot on (ish). Peace guys.

2. I don't think smoking is the problem here. Sounds very much like it could be fructose malabsorption, have you heard about it?

3. Why would inhaling cannabis smoke give you stomach problems?

Unless you're accidentally swallowing instead of inhaling. And even then what you're describing sounds totally unrelated.

You guys sure you just don't have some weird shit in the house you're living in?

Drink more water and go for a run....

4. Stop drinking first. If I were you I'd try OTC omeprazole every day and see if that helps. Sorry mods. When you smoke do you severely give in to the munchies?

5. Thanks for the responses, on a side note, vaping causes the same effects (must be the THC)

6. No, it sounds very much like a digestion issue. I have fructose malabsorption and I got pretty much exactly the symptoms you described.

What about your diet? When you took a break from smoking, did you also change some eating habits? It really doesn't seem related to cannabis, except for the fact that the munchies make you eat more in general and especially more sugar (which contains fructose).

Alcohol has tons of fructose, btw, and it should be clear to you anyway that the role drinking plays in your life has a much more severe impact on your stomach than weed.

7. I know this is old and I didn't see anyone mention it but there is a syndrome called CHS that can affect long-term heavy smokers, you should look into it. It has the symptoms you're describing

8. OP has left the building. It's odd we haven't heard of anyone complaining about CHS (Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome) for a long time. For a while it was brought up fairly often.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah I have ibs and started smoking because it cleared that mess right up.
    It's still hard for me to believe it has the opposite effect on some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. The ganja has only ever settled my stomach. Especially good for a hangover.

11. I find edibles to be FAR better for hangovers. Smoking definitely makes it a little easier but an edible (since it's also processed by the liver) is like a miracle cure. Was exceptional the first time I tried it. Definitely recommend.

• Winner Winner x 1