Relationships

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by g0pher, Dec 12, 2007.

1. When I think about romantic relationships between lovers, I often get the feeling that they are deceptively deep and delusionally profound, and even more importantly in a constant state of change.

These changes can be summed up categorically in certain stages. First of which - there is the excitement of meeting someone new that excites and infactuates in a wide range of ways - intellectually, physically, etc. Then there is lust, then a brief friendship with lust, then attachment, then boredom, and then ultimately the "fizzing" of everything.
    All of this can happen from 6 months to 3 years, and there's almost nothing that can happen to avoid it all except for the last part.

All equall deep seeded relationships - have some sort of a subconcious selfishness underlying it.

A women or a man of your 'type' actually has a deep connection with the said person's develpmental upbringing within his society.

2. While I somewhat agree with what you have to say, I believe that list of changes is only true for relationships that fail. Successful relationships can go through a variety different stages.

I assume someone hasn't had a lot of luck finding a special someone.

It's okay, don't rush it; when the right one comes along you will know it, the feeling will coarse through your body, not just your penis; it will feel unlike any of the other beginings, and will have no end.

It's name is love.

:)

3. whenever lust for a new partner happens all you have to think is, where would I see my self with them in 10 yrs? If the answers isnt happily married, child house; its probably not worth it. Because then you remember, "O yeah, theyre ridiculously perfect for me, in such a way, I could never better, & I want to have a family, a house and I life with them."

yeah, that.