Relationships are really hard

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Deleted member 616232, Jan 31, 2019.

1. I feel like an outsider in my own love life. Like that I'm just not love-able material at times. I've never had a healthly relationship romantically.

I have a hard time with my emotions and, can't help them sometimes.

I like to say love doesn't exist to make myself feel better about being alone and, shut people out sometimes as a cooping mechanism.

I'm deadly afraid of rejection on the inside though truthfully and try not to show that but, end up doing so. I'm afraid of even flirting with someone unless I've known them for a long time. I'd rather get kicked in balls than a rejection. I feel way more pain emotionally than psychically.

I'm afraid that if I fall in love with someone they'll get tired of me and break my heart and, I'd rather be alone than risk being heart broken again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. yeah man relationships can be hard at times. they shouldnt be hard all the time though.

like the girl im with now. she drives me BATSHIT FUCKING INSANE like 10% of the time and the other 90% im just like damn this woman is everything ive ever wanted in life. lol.

you just gotta decide if its worth it to keep going even though its not always sunshine and rainbows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. May you find peace and love again. It's much easier to meet someone when your young and grow together then someone older and set in their ways .

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Have you sorted it yet? Fuck relationships I haven't been in one since I was 18 :laughing:

I've just hooked up with randoms or friends of friends for the last 8 years :confused_2::laughing:

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. There's nothing wrong with being alone Daisy :confused_2: I'm happy & I'm alone :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stop jumping into them quickly. Date someone for a year or so. Get to know them then go from there. Far and few between ppl meet, Rick/get together, then work out very long. With the exception on ones like urs. They bad but neither wanna leave for the few good moments they will miss. Being single isn’t bad!

7. Most relationships start out good bc y’all both are playing the role trying to be what each other wants. Be friends friends longer and see how they change with time. Don’t move ppl In

8. There is a song by The Vandals that talks about this called Honesty. One of the lines is "Now I've gotten comfortable enough to be, a whole lot more like me around you please appreciate my honesty" It is a really tongue and cheek song but totally accurate. In the beginning of a relationship, everyone is excited and trying to do what the other wants to do even if they hate it, and always tries to be agreeable. As a relationship goes on, people get more honest and start saying what they actually feel and want to do, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't