Relationships are really hard

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Deleted member 616232, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Are any relationships easy? Do people have significant others and everything runs smoothly all the time?

My husband got killed when he was 36. I have had a string of bad relationships ever since then. They always start out good, and then turn to shit.

I really need to be out of this relationship because I can't handle living with someone with whom I get along with only half the time. Breaking up is so hard, and that's why people stay in shitty relationships.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Yep, love isn't always sunshine, rainbows and flowers... It's hard work and all it take is ONE person to stop trying and it all goes to pot.... Once you take people for granted, you end up saying things you cant take back and nothing will ever be the same... Love and hate can be a fine line.
    If your not happy.. follow your heart. You only have one life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I guess no relationship is easy. But hey take it from someone that's never had a relationship.

Better to be alone some days, but never die alone.

4. Some people look for the easy way out nobody wants to put effort into making a relationship work anymore divorces are easier I guess so honestly in today's world we no longer have moral principle so you do you I say.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. You may be alone... But you're not lonely!!!

6. Me and the Missus fight sometimes, but normally when we do it's heat of the moment type stuff. We'll talk mad mad mad shit to each other too, but we're both prior enlisted(military) in different branches(Army her, Marines me), so shit-talk is perfectly normal and acceptable.

My previous girlfriend, though, I got pretty unhappy with how things were going with her. Came home from work one day at lunch time, sat down, told her I didn't want to be with her anymore. Just like that. Love the girl to this day, but at that point in time we were in such different places in life that I just couldn't anymore.

I would rather be alone than be in a poor relationship. I can get down on myself hard enough as-is, don't need someone else adding to that, you know?

Nothing worth having is easy to acquire.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm coming from a place where I truly do believe we have a great relationship, we rarely argue, there is a lot of affection, talking, laughing, loving. I find it hard to find anyone that is interested in listening to that type of relationship, like hearing about our happiness somehow invalidates their own. I just want to say that it is possible. What was your life like with your late husband? I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a couple of awful relationships before I got with hub. I feel they showed me exactly the life I didn't want and I steered away from that sort of person in the future.

Saying all of that, nothing is ever perfect, we still have plenty of issues in our lives but we take them on as a team and try not to focus bad energies on each other, most of the time. It's not a perfect system :laughing:

Breaking up is very hard. My best friend has finally, after maybe 5 years of fighting for it, filed for divorce. It's an absolute shit show but all I keep reminding her of is her next chapter of being free, focusing on herself. I feel that's what you should do. Come here for some company at nights while you adjust to single life for a while. That could be your time to sort things with your daughter and spend more time with the grandchildren.

Don't you think that these great things always come along when you're not looking for them?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Not that I'm one to give relationship advice. I'm a complete wreck at it. But a relationship should be a 2 way street. I wish I could help, but I can't barely help myself when it comes to matters of love. @Oregondaisy , I feel so bad that you lost your love, I'd be crushed if something happened to my lady. You usually seem to be a happy person with a lot of positive energy. It saddens me that you are dealing with some stuff. Just know that you have many here that have your back. You may not need or want to, but I'm here if you need to talk. Just shoot me a pm. I really hope you find the peace, happiness and love that you crave and deserve. Keep smiling.

• Like Like x 3
  9. While every relationship is going to have problems, it should be easy more of the time than it is hard. If you find it is hard an equal amount of time or more than it is easy, the relationship may not be worth it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. If it is easy all the time it ain't worth much. There gotta be struggle, arguments, negativity cuz it ain't puppies and gumdrops all the time. It ebbs and flows.

• Like Like x 2
  11. That's what makes this place a community, everyone's openness and caringness.

Best of luck daisy

• Like Like x 1
  12. Seriously though, I can always offer some help or at least a laugh. Laughing helps

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Well said!

14. After 40 yrs of a wonderful marriage all I know is, it's 50% luck, 50% forgiveness.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Thank you! I may do that! The guy I am living with had heart attack from the stress of us breaking up. I am sure I am supposed to feel sorry for him and cancel the break up.

That's what this break up is all about . My kids absolutely hate him and my daughter will not let me see my grandkids until he moves out. My daughter and kids have to be in my life and they aren't as long as he is .

>>That is what I want, a relationship like yours. I am tired of fighting.
    People always say good things come along when you aren't looking, but that's never happened to me.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Any time you need an ear.
    Good things do come when least expected and leave just as fast at times. Sometimes letting go is the best for both parties. Regardless, of how close the bond. I really hope you find true love. Everyone deserves to feel that feeling, even if losing it totally crushes you to the core.

17. My marriage lasted 12 years and we were together a total of 15. Have been separated for just about 3 years now, I'm filing for divorce next month.

The first few months were easy, super-easy. Then we should have broken up but I couldn't handle it and begged her to stay, mistake #1. Mistake #2 - letting her Mom dictate how our relationship was going, she wanted us to either break up or get married. We got married. Married life was initially pretty easy, and we planned a child. Mistake #3 - not being able to stay gainfully employed a year after baby was born and my staying home with said child until she was pre-school age.

THOSE mistakes alone should have tanked our marriage, but we persevered as long as we could. She changed. Dramatically, and not for the better. Maybe she thinks she's better, but she's fooling herself.

She went from being the manager of a couterie shop in Beverly Hills making really good money, to taking odd gigs in Hollyweird that really weren't sustaining, to going back to a costume house making 1/2 of what she was making at the BH gig, to leaving me...getting fired, not being able to get work in Hollyweird and finally moving back home to Utah, where she now works the night shift at Joann's Fabric.

Meanwhile, I've had two great jobs in a row, and now make way more than she ever has, I have stock options even, and I'm doing great as a single dad.

So the moral is...no matter how hard it is, once you give up your happiness is your own. Im not currently in a romantic relationship, not that I wouldn't mind one, but in a lot of ways I'm not ready. Getting over a marriage isn't easy for most people. She's jumped around from one asshole to the next. NONE of them can support her, which is what she kept saying was the most important thing. Love isn't blind, love is STUPD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

18. Relationships, in my opinion, should never feel like an obligation. You should be with someone who brings out the best of you, and wants what is best for you, and your family over all.

That being said, no relationship is super easy, but being with the right person makes it all feel worth it. Your gut is telling you no more, and I believe you should listen to it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. My first marriage was shit both me n my ex wife had real bad childhoods and didn’t know how to love each other but had mad love for the kids. I stayed with her till my kids were 18 then left worked on my self for 10 years then married again.
    My current marriage and hopefully my last is amazing she’s so supportive, loving and positive. Don’t know where I’d b without er.

20. I hope to find someone like that some day. I hope I am not alone the rest of my life. I am no spring chicken, but that doesn't mean I want to spend my remaining days alone.

• Friendly Friendly x 4