Relationship problems, being with each other too much?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by folied, Sep 4, 2010.

1. I started dating my girlfriend 5 months ago and we were together practically everyday for 5 months straight. We fell in love and all we do is wanted to be with each other 24/7. Now after 5 months I think that both of us are coming back down to reality and we are starting to fight ALOT. Huge fights erupt about stupid stupid things.

Fights are often about sex alot also, as I have stopped masturbation just to have sex. So I have an very very high sex drive while my girlfriend does not. I always want to have sex, and when she does not I feel unwanted, un attractive ect ect. While she feels co erced for sex, and feels like thats the only thing she is around for.

Now after fighting viciously for the past few weeks over nothing we have finally talked it out and realized what the problem is. Seeing each other far too often and me being too horny leading me to feel annoyed and dissapointed when she doesn't want to hav esex, ultimately starting fights.

I also feel like she doesn't love me anymore. I'm so used to constant I love yous and other attention and now she doesn't do it much anymore. She says she loves me but can't show me affection 24/7 (I agree) and that I make it hard sometimes with all the fighting.

What can we do?

We think that it would be a good idea to have specific set days when we hang out, and then the other days we don't hang out. Instead of hanging out almost everyday, we are thinking of lower it to 2-3 times a week, and increase it if it isn't enough.

For sex, I am going to start masturbating again and she is ok with it. And we will only have sex if we are both horny.

Any other things we can do? We both love each other very very very much and don't want to loose each other so were changing things. Neither one of us is mature enough to be around each other all the time yet like a marriage.

2. holy shit, you just perfectly described the exact situation of my first relationship!

we hung out waaay too much too and it made us fight! About the same things!

Well it sounds like you are being very understanding about the sex thing....my ex wasn't. My advice would be to not take it personally when she doesn't want to have sex. For girls sex is very much a mental thing as well as physical, and if we aren't in a good mood for it then it isn't fun for us....and it makes it worse to be "pestered" about it, haha. You can't talk someone into being horny :)

And it doesn't mean she doesn't love you! If she is putting up with the pestering, then she loves you, haha.
    I think it's a good idea for you guys to only see each other like 3 times a week, at least until you get more used to each other, or figure out how to let things slide. Like if something annoys you, you gotta learn how to not let it escalate to a fight.

My relationship didn't work out because we were too young and immature....we dated from when we were 15/16 to 17/18. He ended up cheating on me with a big fat girl....but I'm not gonna pretend I was much fun to be around, either. I used to get mad at the dumbest things...I wish I could punch myself in the face back then. I really just needed to smoke a giant blunt and chill :smoking:

Good luck with it all....I am sure your relationship will turn out better than mine did haha :D

3. See each other less often. And, if it doesn't work out in the end at least ya tried.