relationship age?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Herbalicous, Oct 12, 2012.

1. so i wanted to know from you guys and gals that if your dating someone and the age gap is too big. for instance im a 19 year old male dating a 16 almost 17 year old girl. Is this appropriate, cuz i dont see anything wrong with it.

2. If both people are over 18 I don't think the gap matters and it's their own business anyway. In your situation you might want to look up statutory rape laws. I knew a guy that supposedly had a record because he was dating a minor and her dad went ape shit on him. I don't know all the details though, and you probably have nothing to worry about.

Your gap isn't that big, after she's 18 it won't matter at all really. Until then though I think what matters is if she is mature enough to be in a relationship with you. Do her parents know?

Good luck :)

3. in uk its 16 btw.....i think your fine 16 year old girls are normally about as mature as 19 year old guys anyway

4. haha thanks for the good advice! but yea she said she mentioned it to her parents but i dont really know their reaction was.

5. Same age gap between me and my girl... it all depends on the girl, you could be a straight creep if you just scooped a young innocent girl that was hella easy to get.

But if the girl knows what the fuck is up and knows life and shit then its all good

6. ^I agree with Dizzy, make sure she isnt just some sheltered little girl. Basically if shes not a virgin haha your good to go.

7. it'll look silly when you're at the bars and you gotta explain to your homies that your gf can't come out because she's too busy with her highschool homework

8. I dunno about where you live, but age of consent in Canada is 16, so if you lived there you'd be good to go.

I think most statutory rape laws account for the fact that someone just over age of majority might date someone just under. I don't think an age gap of 2 years will get you thrown in jail.

Of course, I disagree completely with statutory rape laws even being in place. The gov has no place in the bedroom.

9. haha thanks for all the valid points your guys. but the girl isnt some sheltered bitch. shes straight and cool with me smoking the herb and possibly down for me to take her weed virginity. lol shes mature and shit so im not too worried at this point.

10. same age gap between me and my bf, were together since i was 14 and he was just gone 17, it never bothered us, but it did bother some people, we just ignored them,
    as long as youre both happy i dont see whats wrong its nt like your 10 years older than her!

11. Well, I'm 24 and my boyfriend is 20.

It works because I act 20 and he acts 24. :p

12. I really feel that the gap becomes less important as you age. For example, a late 20s person may not be able to relate to someone in their early 20s. In the 30s and 40s, age becomes less important. We're all at different stages in our lives.