Reincarnation

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by OGzium, Sep 11, 2012.

1. you will die one day, the very second you die you will be a baby. In a different time, place, or maybe even universe. you have no memory of your past life, because you didnt have a past life. You will just wake up like you did when you were born. Remembering nothing of the past. But you will always wake up in the future. Never in the past. Anybody get me?

2. It's not a new concept.. I don't believe in it but it's been around longer than most religions, if not all

3. Interesting, I am fully convinced of reincarnation but I do have some points to bring up. Many people, especially once their focus is directed towards it, can remember a startling number of details regarding multiple past lives. In fact, men and women of an advanced spiritual state can sometimes almost have a full recollection of their past lives.
    Also, the idea of instant re-embodiment seems like a cruel, purposeless joke. My question is why? A major point of reincarnation is that is for the education of the soul along moral lines. If there is no intermission between earthly lives, a sort of otherworldly plane where we can atone for our misdeeds and enjoy the benefits of what we did right then why are we living multiple lives at all? Surely, if you believe in reincarnation at all, there must be some being like God or whatever you want to call it that is directing all this? If we aren't learning some lesson from it then can we really think that our whole existence is just some sort of amusement to God?
    Not trying to be harsh, I'm very glad to see someone on here who is attracted to the idea and extend all the fellowship and brotherly love and whatnot I can to you but I think a fuller understanding gives our lives much more purpose and endurability than what you are proposing.

4. I hear it, but I dont believe it.. Not trying to shit on your thread but when we die, we cease to exist.. We dont transfer from one vessel to another.. We go into the ground and rot.. Or get cremated.. Sorry man but not everything about life and and death is as ideal as getting a second run.. You only have 1 shot at life so you better do things right :smoke: Cheers :bongin:

5. when I was a young child I thought of the idea of reincarnation without knowing actually what the definition was....I think it was one of my first free thinking thoughts....but anyways google search reincarnation documentaries......I can't remember the name but they interview these children who claim to have past lives.......one said his neck was slit and he had some sort of scar or birth defect on his neck.....and more bizarre stories but very interesting.

6. You're right, if who you think you are is only your body.

7. I believe in it. Not the way you described it. The things that compose our physical bodies are recycled for sure our spirit onthe other hand…I hope mine lands me somewhere I wanna be. Now snoop dogg going to jamaica and coming back saying he is the reincarnation of bob marly. That's some disrespectful bull shit right there. Fuck him.

8. And just noticed this is under high ideas lol

9. no guys. im saying like right after you die you are born again. No spirit, just body. it is an endless cycle that has nothing to do with spirits. Atoms cannot be destroyed only redistributed right? well they all must go somewhere. You will live on forever until at one point You become flying-future dinosuar sperm or something. Atoms do not need to breath so they can become redistributed in space or even on another life bearing planet. So there is no death if you think about it....but what im saying is right when you are die, you will have no more thought. You will just wake up in another body and live another life never knowing who you could have been. Crazy shit.

10. #10 dudeindistress3, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
    What if there's more deaths than births?

11. #11 d1ng1zx2, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012

You're absolutely right that there can be no death in the universe but are you saying that the mere aggregation of atoms causes us to have our self-conciousness? If that were so how is it the same "you"as before. This is not reincarnation in any sense. Atoms get dispersed, different atoms come together and form a new body yet it is the same "you" as the entirely different collection and formation of atoms? How is that possible without a soul? I do not see where there is a "you" or "I" anywhere in there. Yet we know these things to exist. You're saying you will wake up another body but who is the you besides the body if there is no spirit? If you are saying that it is the same atoms just in different forms that make up our new bodies than how is that so if you believe in instant re-embodiment? We know our physical bodies are still being decomposed in the ground for years and years after our deaths but you are saying we would already be alive at that point. Not to mention the fact that we know an infant's body is made up of less atoms than an adults.

12. Zombies Apocalypse.

13. I'm in favor

14. Then at what point do we lose our sense of self if we are just an aggregation of atoms? If I shit I wouldn't be the same person, If I eat something I would be the same person, If my hand got cut off I wouldn't be the same person because the atoms composing me would be different. Yet, in reality, your sense of self is the same as these things happen daily.